The Student Room Group

I really like a girl i'm living with and do't know what to do :(

Hey basically i'm at university and have developed feelings for a girl/friend i'm living with. I have had these feelings for nearly two months now and have been trying to get over them, but to no avail. I was wondering if you guys think I should tell her or just keep trying to bury them. We will be living together next year and i'm worried telling her could make things awkward.

Thanks for all help in advance
Living with someone you have feelings for is a problem. You really don't want to put yourself through this. You have to ask yourself if she's given you any signs that she would feel the same way about you. Personally, I'd probably try to distance myself from her and not live with her next year. Then maybe tell her.
Reply 2
I'd thought of moving out myself, but the girl is a really good friend so not sure how I could distance myself and if I pull out of my living arrangements for next year now then i'd probably have to defer for a year or drop out as all my other friend have living arrangements sorted and as pathetic as it sounds i'm not sure I could handle living by myself or with strangers again at uni
Yeah I know it's a tough situation; I've been there myself except I moved in with someone having already had feelings for them prior, so more fool me. Is her friendship more important to you than a potential relationship with her? If so then you're probably just going to have to bottle it up, even though it's hard.

Btw, it's not pathetic for feeling uneasy about living alone or with strangers :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending