krisshP
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
http://www.examsolutions.net/a-level...June/paper.php

See q3c. Why ii only? Why not i as well? i involves the unknown parameter the mean.

See q5b. For the first M1 mark do you have to say "Normal approximation"? What if you just say what's needed for the A1 mark Y~≈N(24,(√24)^2)? Does that give you the M1 mark?

Thanks
VannR
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
For Q3 b), i IS a statistic. X(dash) is the sample mean, not a population parameter. ii contains the population mean, and because of this, is not a statistic.

For Q5, yes, you should state that you are going to use a Normal approximation of the Poisson distribution before you use it if you want to get full marks.
krisshP
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by VannR)
For Q3 b), i IS a statistic. X(dash) is the sample mean, not a population parameter. ii contains the population mean, and because of this, is not a statistic.

For Q5, yes, you should state that you are going to use a Normal approximation of the Poisson distribution before you use it if you want to get full marks.
I get it now after looking at your post and reading a s2 book.

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (105)
27.93%
No (271)
72.07%

Watched Threads