?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Looks perfect to me, on PS4 at least.
justanotherposter
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've not played it but it seems to me there seem to be a lot of 'best game ever' games around which when you look back on them in 6 months time, whilst still good are clearly not the best games ever made.
Stinkum
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What the...heck?? Such a weird game.
Illusionary
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
From what I've seen and read its a beautiful game, but has its flaws. I certainly see it as something that should be supported though, as it's very encouraging to see smaller games like this coming from the likes of Ubisoft.

My copy of the Deluxe Edition arrived on Thursday (slightly delayed after Zavvi team out of pre-order stock and I had to find a replacement) and I may well post a review once I'm done with it. I'm certainly looking forward to the experience!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fango_Jett
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Good Art Design and decent story, but terrible gameplay mechanics and stupidly easy.

6/10 - It's ok

overhyped, and no doubt IGN and all the other crap "gaming journalism" sites will praise it endlessly because it is a "muh feels" game
Picnic1
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I haven't played it but that watercolour style , whilst undoubtedly the best for.... a watercolour painting ... is not necessarily everyone's favourite for a videogame. Okami meets Rayman? Yes, of course it'll be popular - especially at a price that is a quarter of most AAA budget games. This quasi mythological... bull**** for want of a better word- is alright but Japanese games don't have to be so 'for your grandma'. Look at Viewtiful Joe.

Maybe there's a strong interest in the old Japanese world with young people. That's alright but still - meh- I wish they'd have more of a strong interest in their own family histories.

But I liked the art style of Puppeteer whilst finding the game's mechanics and story dullish.

I'm not even going to choose a best game ever because it just insults other games which are at least as equally as good that just don't happen to meet what I happen to have the inclination to spend time playing. For instance, if I was in to construction I might think that Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts would be the best game ever. It looks massive and beautiful but I am just too not inclined to spend time vehicle making. But Jet Set Radio Future is one of my favourites which is why Sunset Overdrive is of interest to me yet I doubt that it will feel so much innovative as a 'best of' mix of certain genres.
Illusionary
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Picnic1)
I haven't played it but that watercolour style , whilst undoubtedly the best for.... a watercolour painting ... is not necessarily everyone's favourite for a videogame. Okami meets Rayman? Yes, of course it'll be popular - especially at a price that is a quarter of most AAA budget games. This quasi mythological... bull**** for want of a better word- is alright but Japanese games don't have to be so 'for your grandma'. Look at Viewtiful Joe.

Maybe there's a strong interest in the old Japanese world with young people. That's alright but still - meh- I wish they'd have more of a strong interest in their own family histories.

But I liked the art style of Puppeteer whilst finding the game's mechanics and story dullish.
Where are you getting the suggestion that the game is based on Japanese mythology from? It's got plenty of JRPG gameplay elements, yes, but the game was developed by Ubisoft Montreal and the central character is a girl from 1895 Austria, in a more generalised fantasy world
Picnic1
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was wrongly assuming then. So maybe it might even have art nouveau references then (the font suggests that). Still, because it is so very heavy on nature it appears, it reminds me of Japanese tastes in these watercolour style matters. I'm more a grim fairytale Limbo kind of person.
Illusionary
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Picnic1)
I was wrongly assuming then. So maybe it might even have art nouveau references then (the font suggests that). Still, because it is so very heavy on nature it appears, it reminds me of Japanese tastes in these watercolour style matters. I'm more a grim fairytale Limbo kind of person.
Fair enough - everyone's entitled to their own preferences and it's certainly no Limbo, though I'd encourage you and others not to dismiss the game based solely on the art style. I started the game yesterday and I'm enjoying it at the moment, though it's certainly not the "best game ever" - based on what I've seen so far, it's good fun, but far from perfect.
Mushi_master
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's certainly on my to play list. Which has been getting steadily longer since this finals lark, but I'll get to it eventually, looks very interesting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
A5ko
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not the best game ever, but the music, characters, art style and combat are all excellently done. My only complaint is the difficulty, or lack of, along with the shortness of the game. The final fight coming in way too early and even on New Game + Hard mode, it is just too easy.

Still a worthwhile purchase however.
alow
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think you misspelled "StarCraft".
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (58)
19.46%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (119)
39.93%
Nope, not that interesting (121)
40.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed