Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It seems to have changed in the last week so that when you post a reply to a thread it redirects you to your "my TSR" page (possibly the page I like least on this website but that's for another thread) rather than to the thread you were replying to with your post added. I generally only hang around in one or two of the forums anyway so this redirect just makes me have to trawl all the way through the forum menu on the top again rather than checking my post makes sense and then going back to the forum I was posting in. Any chance this is going to change back?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah this is extremely super annoying. I absolutely hate it. What on earth were they thinking when they decided to to make this change???? Change it back!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Just had this happen to me. Doesn't seem to make any sense. When I post in a thread, I want to remain in that thread.

ReputationRep:
    It's a randomised trial as far as I know, some users are getting it and some not.

ReputationRep:
    My feedback is as follows:

It sucks. Please turn it off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e aí rapaz)
    My feedback is as follows:

It sucks. Please turn it off.
    HAHAHAHAH

Yes! Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    I really hope this isn't permanent because it's annoying.

ReputationRep:
    Its extremely annoying. I want to stay in the thread where I posted to see if my post went through + keep on browsing the thread. This update makes no sense as then I have to click to go back again.

ReputationRep:
    Glad to see it's not just me this is winding up - here's your feedback TSR

ReputationRep:
    It's awful! I had no idea so first of all I thought my browser wasn't working and that my posts weren't appearing so I had to try and find the threads again to check that I had actually posted.

ReputationRep:
    phew - I thought it was just me

Been happening since last evening

ReputationRep:
    I really hate it.

It's extremely annoying.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like it either

ReputationRep:
    In addition - the thread I have posted on os bold - looking like there is a new post when it is actually my post that is there last

ReputationRep:
    Came here to say this, but slightly different:

When I post, I stay on the thread. But then when I click on a previous page of that thread, it takes me to a thread I've never posted on!? It seems to be a different one each time :holmes:

Edit: Something new! I quoted a reply in the thread on Eid/relious holidays, and when it was posted, this was the name of the thread:

http://imgur.com/EF6HNm5

So those posts are being labelled as being in that AQA thread despite being posted in the Eid thread.. Both threads happened to have 5 pages in total, so maybe that's a part of the problem? I then clicked on page 4 and then back to page 5 of the AQA thread I had now been redirected through, and those posts weren't there.

So weird.

ReputationRep:
    When will this ridiculous trial stop

Please tell me now if you are going to keep this particular feature which has NO purpose and is VERY annoying

If you are keeping it then I may as well leave NOW

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TenOfThem)
    When will this ridiculous trial stop

Please tell me now if you are going to keep this particular feature which has NO purpose and is VERY annoying

If you are keeping it then I may as well leave NOW
    Apparently it's going to last a week or so, so we have to live with this until at least Thursday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Apparently it's going to last a week or so, so we have to live with this until at least Thursday.
    It is the single most idiotic change I have ever experienced on a discussion forum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TenOfThem)
    It is the single most idiotic change I have ever experienced on a discussion forum
    I agree, not a single member I've come across who's afflicted by this thinks it's anything other than bloody annoying.

ReputationRep:
    Luckily I dont get it anymore, but when I did get it this week, it was bloody annoying too. It kept jumping threads all of a sudden, even after I had replied. an example was when I posted in Count To A Million, and after posting, it put me into another chatter thread entitled "Start a word with the last two letters", which I had never been on! And it said the thread was closed! :eek3: :mad:

Hopefully this madness has stopped, otherwise I won't be posting on board until it is.

Poll
Do you have a role model?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.