The Student Room Group

Damaged my knee and now on crutches - do I get any consideration

Hi all,

I had a fall and am currently on crutches. I wanted to ask, does anyone know if I am entitled to extra time/separate room/3% more marks etc.

I have a doctors note too - if that explains anything.

Thanks.
Original post by fnatic NateDestiel
Hi all,

I had a fall and am currently on crutches. I wanted to ask, does anyone know if I am entitled to extra time/separate room/3% more marks etc.

I have a doctors note too - if that explains anything.

Thanks.

In what ways do your injuries affect your ability to take your exams? Can you sit at a desk and can you write? Are you on powerful pain medication that may affect your concentration?

Go talk to your exams officer about how they can help you get to the exam room but I doubt there's Any reason to give you extra time or extra marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gdunne42
In what ways do your injuries affect your ability to take your exams? Can you sit at a desk and can you write? Are you on powerful pain medication that may affect your concentration?

Go talk to your exams officer about how they can help you get to the exam room but I doubt there's Any reason to give you extra time or extra marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I probably should have mentioned that I cut my hand in the fall and that I have skin problems with my hand.

I will see a different GP again and get a further note to explain this.

Just one last question sir, is there a deadline to applying for this. I am going to see the examinations office on the Wednesday after I have seen the GP - do you know if this will leave enough time to sort all this out.

Thanks.
I hope not.
They have to apply to the exam board and cannot do anything until they get a response back from them. I would speak to the exams office on the phone today if possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gdunne42
They have to apply to the exam board and cannot do anything until they get a response back from them. I would speak to the exams office on the phone today if possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for your advice, I will see another GP and ask if he can write a note for my hand. I'll see him on Tuesday-so I guess I will show the notes on Wednesday to the EO.

Thank you.
Original post by MedicineMann
I hope not.

You mean little girl. What did I ever do to you?

Quick Reply

Latest