Turn on thread page Beta

I'm worried I will be unemployed? watch

Announcements
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I'm taking Economics, English Literature, History and Japanese for AS next year. I've never been that great at Science but I do find it interesting. The thing is, I know I couldn't cope with them at A-Level and I love everything I am taking (I haven't tried Economics yet but I am interested in it), but I want to be employable and in this day and age, it's mainly STEM subjects that get good jobs. It's making me upset because I'm interested in stuff like Geology but I know I could never do it because I can't do Science. What can I do? :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Edminzodo)
    I'm taking Economics, English Literature, History and Japanese for AS next year. I've never been that great at Science but I do find it interesting. The thing is, I know I couldn't cope with them at A-Level and I love everything I am taking (I haven't tried Economics yet but I am interested in it), but I want to be employable and in this day and age, it's mainly STEM subjects that get good jobs. It's making me upset because I'm interested in stuff like Geology but I know I could never do it because I can't do Science. What can I do? :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey,

You will be much more employable getting great grades in subjects which you love, compared to average grades in subjects you struggle with and don't really enjoy. Those are all very respectable subjects which you are studying.

The idea that STEM subjects are the only ones which are employable is somewhat (hugely?) misleading. There are loads of opportunities out there for humanities subjects, too.

So, my advice to you would be don't worry about it. Go with what you enjoy, work hard and make the most of opportunities which come your way - you will be fine.

:hugs:

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.