OCR English Literature Yeats/Frankenstein Watch

Jez1423
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
What question do you think will come up in Yeats? Everyone thinks it will be Easter 1916 but it is three pages so I doubt it will come up. Any ideas?
Studyboy157
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Guys guys... In Yeats exam, do we get the full length poem as an insert?
Hughes18
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Studyboy157)
Guys guys... In Yeats exam, do we get the full length poem as an insert?
Yes we get the full poem any ideas on what the poem will be?!
Save.Me
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone got any advice on how to structure the Frankenstein question? I literally have no idea where to start in answering the question. Anyone know where I can find examples too?
Helenax
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Save.Me)
Anyone got any advice on how to structure the Frankenstein question? I literally have no idea where to start in answering the question. Anyone know where I can find examples too?
Put key terms from question in the centre of your mind map then branch out with 4/5 points u will make. Add evidence(quotes) and analyse.. Add critics and context accordingly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hughes18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone know how to link Prometheus or the ancient mariner to Frankenstein?! I'm so scared about this exam :confused:
Helenax
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Hughes18)
Anyone know how to link Prometheus or the ancient mariner to Frankenstein?! I'm so scared about this exam :confused:
Victor is the modern day Prometheus and he attemps to create life just like Prometheus did out of clay- this idea of usurping the role of God. And I'm not sure about the ancient mariner sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hughes18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Helenax)
Victor is the modern day Prometheus and he attemps to create life just like Prometheus did out of clay- this idea of usurping the role of God. And I'm not sure about the ancient mariner sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's still a great help, thank you
Disney0702
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hiya guys!

Just did the OCR English Literature exam yesterday!

I had to answer the Yeats and Frankenstein question!

I personally thought that the questions were brilliant but I felt quite overwhelmed by it. I was quite taken aback by the fact that the Yeats question was Man and the Echo as we were all rooting for Easter 1916 or September 1913, however the theme asked,
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (113)
46.12%
Pro-humanity (132)
53.88%