ii.roc
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey everyone.
Anyone else doing the exam with dancing at lughnasa and carol ann duffy poetry/Sheena pugh?
sunandstars
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey! I'm doing Dancing at Lughnasa and Plath & Hughes.
Any ideas for what is going to come up for Dancing at Lughnasa?
ii.roc
Rep:
?
(Original post by sunandstars)
Hey! I'm doing Dancing at Lughnasa and Plath & Hughes.
Any ideas for what is going to come up for Dancing at Lughnasa?
Not a clue! :/ I havent even been started english yet, because of my psychology exam-.-
Any predictions what could appear? :/
elbury1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm re-sitting my Dancing At Lughnasa exam (with Larkin/Abse for poetry - has anyone got any predictions for that?). I really think Lughnasa may have a character question as they appear to like them and haven't done one for a while! A question on Kate would be good I think. The questions for the Welsh Jan exam were on ceremony or religion so I think they're unlikely to be repeated on Friday. :-)
ShonaM6920
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm doing Heaney/Sheers and Kindertransport anyone else?
HannLouisex
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ShonaM6920)
I'm doing Heaney/Sheers and Kindertransport anyone else?
Im doing Heaney and Sheers, any ideas what could come up?
sunandstars
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by elbury1)
I'm re-sitting my Dancing At Lughnasa exam (with Larkin/Abse for poetry - has anyone got any predictions for that?). I really think Lughnasa may have a character question as they appear to like them and haven't done one for a while! A question on Kate would be good I think. The questions for the Welsh Jan exam were on ceremony or religion so I think they're unlikely to be repeated on Friday. :-)
It would be great if Kate came up!
I would like the Festival of Lughnasa itself or Michael to come up, but I doubt they will because they're quite easy!
JCalexander
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm doing Duffy and Pugh. I hope to god something like childhood or journeys come up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
ShonaM6920
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by HannLouisex)
Im doing Heaney and Sheers, any ideas what could come up?
Fingers crossed it's something on childhood, but I have absolutely no clue otherwise! How do you revise poetry?
ii.roc
Rep:
?
May 2011 -Explore the presentation of Jack’s experience with African culture in this extract and elsewhere in the play.
-
Explore the ways responsibility and freedom are presented in this extract and elsewhere in the play.
January 2012 -
Explore the way Friel presents Irish Catholic family relationships in this extract and at least one other point in the play.
-
Discuss how Friel presents the significance of gender in 1930s society in this extract and at least one other point in the play.
May 2012 -
Discuss how Friel presents attitudes to women in 1930s society in this extract and at least one other point in the play.
-
Discuss how Friel uses the 1936 setting (thank God we didn't have this one!) in this extract and at least one other point in the play.
January 2013 -
Explore the way Friel uses characters and dramatic techniques to criticise 1930s Irish society in this extract and at least one other point in the play.
-
Discuss how Friel presents home life in this extract and at least one other point in the play.
May 2013 -
Discuss how Friel presents the effects of changes in society in this extract and at least one other point in the play.
-
Discuss how Friel presents relationships between men and women in this extract and at least one other point in the play.

Hey guys, just put this quick list together so you could see what has already been up by the WJEC! However, I must stress that WJEC have now started to repeat things, if you notice with other subjects e.g. those doing WJEC biology would have probably noticed their long essays are repeated, based on the same topic. This makes it tricky for us to judge what is to come up! From analysing this, we can see they either pick 1.) Home life/setting 2.) Gender/Relationships/Attitudes to women 3.) Changes 4.) character . We will probably get a question that falls into one of these categories but is worded different. Anyone else make any suggestions that can come up?
I predict a question on either a THEME or CHARACTER or CONTEXT/SETTING.
Please put all your suggestions forward Have a smashing time with revision haha

sunandstars
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
How did it go for everyone?
I felt the questions and extracts were really good! (for Plath & Dancing at Lughnasa)
ShonaM6920
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Questions for heaney/sheers and Kindertransport were good, thought it went pretty well.
elbury1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think it went really well! So happy :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (56)
17.39%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (91)
28.26%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (120)
37.27%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (44)
13.66%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.42%

Watched Threads