GingerGnu
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey! Just wondering if anyone else is taking the Unit One exam for RS on Monday 12th, Im studying Christianity and Islam for mine. Has anyone got any useful condensed notes for each of the 4 topics, that you can include in an 8 or 6 mark question? Thanks.
ElGenioEstúpido
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by GingerGnu)
Hey! Just wondering if anyone else is taking the Unit One exam for RS on Monday 12th, Im studying Christianity and Islam for mine. Has anyone got any useful condensed notes for each of the 4 topics, that you can include in an 8 or 6 mark question? Thanks.
Hi, I'm doing this exam as well, need to ace it as I feel I'm better at this paper, compared to Unit 8.
GingerGnu
Rep:
?
Same, although I do find RS to be quite an easy subject overall. These videos here don't include Islam, but do cover Catholic views, which are valid for the exam: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOEFg...EGU8WaJzUljCv4 - I found these today... In my December mock I got 72/80 with no revision and 76/80 with no revision in Year 10 (Unit One Paper though..). What grade do you want? And any revision tips?
JamesWood3417
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I am taking it on Monday too. What do you mean 8 and 6 mark? It is 6 marks for a part (d) and 12 marks for a part (e)
GingerGnu
Rep:
?
(Original post by JamesWood3417)
I am taking it on Monday too. What do you mean 8 and 6 mark? It is 6 marks for a part (d) and 12 marks for a part (e)
Assuming we're taking the same exam.. part a (2 marks) is a definition, part b (4 marks) is your opinion, part c (8 marks) the long answer question and part d (6 marks) three marks for your opinion and three for what someone else might think..
azhaar_niazi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I am quite nervous wehere abouts are you taking yours! taking mine by the way two years early !
ElGenioEstúpido
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by JamesWood3417)
That is incorrect,the Edexcel RS structure is:

a) 2 marks
b) 4 marks
c) 8 marks
d) i) 3 marks
ii) 3 marks
Towsey
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Does anyone know how to settle nerves? because, i'm so nervous about tomorrow
azhaar_niazi
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
what year are you guys in?
azhaar_niazi
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
by the way any of you guys taking unit 11 in june?
ElGenioEstúpido
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by azhaar_niazi)
Yr10
Sugardollaps007
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah I've got unit four exam tomorrow and unit eleven Islam in June
Towsey
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by azhaar_niazi)
Year 11
ElGenioEstúpido
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Are we allowed to talk about the exam?

It was good in my opinion, think I got around the A* boundary as long as I didn't make any silly mistakes.
AmbikaKJ
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ElGenioEstúpido)
Are we allowed to talk about the exam?

It was good in my opinion, think I got around the A* boundary as long as I didn't make any silly mistakes.
Thats good! I'm hoping I got a B/A but i got a bit pushed for time at the end, i did questions 1, 3, 6 and 7 (Top, top, bottom, top)
ElGenioEstúpido
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by AmbikaKJ)
Thats good! I'm hoping I got a B/A but i got a bit pushed for time at the end, i did questions 1, 3, 6 and 7 (Top, top, bottom, top)
Same, an hour in, I had just started the Third Section, but I used my half hour well and completed all the questions, I done: 1,3(? It was the one about why some don't believe in life after death),5,8
thegoodyouth
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Did any girls here get really feminist on the last question for the section 4 top bit about the gender equality in uk?????
GingerGnu
Rep:
?
I think I did pretty well as well. Wasn't too sure about a couple
HeisenbergWW
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm getting a bit worried that I mixed up the 'agree' and 'disagree' bits for the 6 marker but that might just be me getting paranoid!
azhaar_niazi
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think that I got B/A as I was a little pushed for time. Two questions did any one pick the question which asked you about promiscuity? and another being where did you take your exam?
:king1:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (50)
37.31%
No (70)
52.24%
I don't know (14)
10.45%

Watched Threads