Are you allowed to see your marked coursework? Watch

guglemugle
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Are you allowed to see your marked coursework? or have possession of it? For AS level Biology Edexcel?
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by guglemugle)
Are you allowed to see your marked coursework? or have possession of it? For AS level Biology Edexcel?
If it's internally marked then yes, there's nothing stopping a school from letting you see it, although a version has to be kept by the center for moderation. It depends on your school though - some might not let you see them.
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Can't speak for biology, but for English you can see the marked coursework but shouldn't be shown the mark, because that is subject to moderation during the exam period (after students have left usually) and is open to change.
OhhNo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
For English (I don't do biology) I have my coursework mark but not the actual annotated coursework, I think it depends on the school

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jkizer
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Most of the time teachers mark it and give their scores indeed.

But from my knowledge, they usually have to send a sample to be moderated meaning they could go up and down potentially. Hopefully your teacher(s) fully understands the sort of marking scheme but otherwise take it slightly with a pinch of salt

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carnationlilyrose
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by OhhNo)
For English (I don't do biology) I have my coursework mark but not the actual annotated coursework, I think it depends on the school

Posted from TSR Mobile
Clearly depends on the teachers' willingness to ignore the official exam regulations.
OhhNo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by carnationlilyrose)
Clearly depends on the teachers' willingness to ignore the official exam regulations.
It's the mark the school department moderated and it was made clear that the exam board can change it at any time, I don't see the problem?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carnationlilyrose
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by OhhNo)
It's the mark the school department moderated and it was made clear that the exam board can change it at any time, I don't see the problem?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's a problem if the exam board decides to make it one. In practice, what it means is disappointment for students whose marks are moderated down by the board after being told they have got higher by staff they trust. And that happens often enough for it to be a practice we in my department choose to stick to the rules about, however experienced the staff involved are. Exam boards make some very strange and unpredictable decisions, last year's AQA GCSE being a case in point.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1130)
79.02%
Leave (300)
20.98%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise