I have a BTEC but I want to study in a college/university in the US Watch

Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have a BTEC (HND) in Software Engineering that I got in Europe but I want to do something in network and get a official degree in the US (as the BTEC HND doesn't mean anything worldwide)

Im 26 and I already have 2+ years of onhand software engineering experience. Should I have it easy to enter a US college/university in the US? Im American so technically I shouldn't have any problems being listed as a "resident" once I go home.

My goal would be a network/administration role of servers in a enterprise world. Cisco's CCNA is one of my goals, for example.

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
new posts
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.


University open days

  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (301)
Yes - they're famous (293)
No I don't (561)

Watched Threads

View All