The Student Room Group

Medicine Summer Schools (for those who do not attend state schools)

Hello all,

I will be applying to study Medicine next year but am finding it increasingly difficult to find any summer schemes/masterclasses that are not reserved strictly for those being educated in the state sector. (I have been rejected from both Nuffield and UNIQ now for being educated at a grammar school). :frown:

Does anyone happen to know if there are any schemes that are more inclined to make decisions based on whether you are actually interested in the subject, regardless of social background?
Waste of money.
Original post by shiggydiggy
Waste of money.

They are all free anyway.....
Original post by anastasiasays
They are all free anyway.....

Still a waste of money.
Debate Chamber does Medicine Summer Schools, although they're pretty costly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yl95
Debate Chamber does Medicine Summer Schools, although they're pretty costly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, the Neurology/ Psychiatry one looks great, but they do seem quite expensive...
Reply 6
Hello all,

I will be applying to study Medicine next year but am finding it increasingly difficult to find any summer schemes/masterclasses that are not reserved strictly for those being educated in the state sector. (I have been rejected from both Nuffield and UNIQ now for being educated at a grammar school). :frown:

Does anyone happen to know if there are any schemes that are more inclined to make decisions based on whether you are actually interested in the subject, regardless of social background?

I'd seriously recommend using your time to get more voluntary work or something they truly arent worth it. I enjoyed medlink it was useful, but expensive and totally unnecessary :smile: it's also a little different from the summer schools. Either way neither of them will add to your application

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello all,

Honestly, those courses aren't going to give you anything which you won't get from doing some work experience in a hospital.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending