AQA GCSE History B Watch

Kitkatkt121
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Does anyone have any idea how many marks you'd need roughly overall for an A? I feel more prepared for paper 1 than I do Paper 2, so I have a feeling this will be my downfall.

I'm unsure as to what mark I got on the coursework, I just know that I got an A* on it.

Any guidance would be appreciated. how nervous is everyone else for the exams?
mollev27
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's about 80% but the exam board is quite generous I think so you might be able to drop about 15-18 marks to still get an A I think? It's generally hard exam apparently so it's easier to do well!!
I'm doing this exam too I'm really nervous just trying to do loads of exam questions that seems to help

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kitkatkt121
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by mollev27)
It's about 80% but the exam board is quite generous I think so you might be able to drop about 15-18 marks to still get an A I think? It's generally hard exam apparently so it's easier to do well!!
I'm doing this exam too I'm really nervous just trying to do loads of exam questions that seems to help

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you! When I did my mock for the first paper, I did well but I'm positive I won't be able to do that well again

Im nervous too!
JamesPlumeridge
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got 40 on the coursework which was 1 mark into an A

Don't know whether this is any help...
jabire3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
For the coursework we did Women's Rights which was surprisingly interesting. It was marked out of 40, I got 38 which was a A* but just about I think, 37 should just scrape an A*.

As for the exam, I think they take the top ten per cent of the A's and give them A*'s so to be certain, you'd probably need about 90% overall for an A*. 80% should get you an A, you just gotta learn it as best you can, hope the questions suit you and the cohort across the nation struggles.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (48)
18.18%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (107)
40.53%
Nope, not that interesting (109)
41.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise