AS Ethics predicted questions help! Watch

CnH2n+1O
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
After looking at some of the predicted essay questions, they look pretty hard, so i'd appreciate some help with a brief plan for each!

Question 1
a. Explain what is meant by "moral relativism".
b. "Relativism is the best approach to issues surrounding genetic engineering". Discuss.
Question 2
a. Explain the main principles of Natural Law approach to ethics.
b. "Natural law is the best approach to issues surrounding the right to a child (or issues surrounding abortion)". Discuss.
Question 3
a. Explain how the concepts of sanctity of life and quality of life apply to issues surrounding abortion.
b. "Only utilitarian ethics satisfactorily accounts for quality of life issues". Discuss.
Question 4
a. Explain how a Religion of your choice approaches issues surrounding going to War.
b. "A Just War is impossible". Discuss.
Question 5
a. Explain what is meant by "deontological ethics".
b. "Deontological ethics is inflexible". Discuss.
Question 6
a. Explain the main differences between a teleological and deontological approach to ethics.
b. "Teleological ethics is of more practical use than deontological ethics" Discuss.
serebro
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just go through a textbook, write up some points, quotes and thinkers, adapt it to the question and there's your plan. Always try to link to the question regularly and try to learn some different viewpoints for any part B questions.

I don't recommend you ask people to write up a plan for you, since it would be spoon-feeding you the answers, which may not even be correct. Remember you are taking this exam to demonstrate what you have learnt this year, not what someone else has. Likewise, the questions are predictions so I'd be cautious if I were you, especially with the part B questions. Just tick off topics you're confident on and then work on your weaknesses, ask around on the forum or your teacher if you are not sure on a topic in general.

Good luck in the upcoming exam.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (34)
14.11%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.71%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (50)
20.75%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (34)
14.11%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (30)
12.45%
How can I be the best version of myself? (72)
29.88%

Watched Threads