A couple of questions about Engineering! Watch

Bengineerin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
If I were to study engineering, would there be a big scope of potential projects? I'm looking forward to stuff like maybe building RC cars or model rockets etc and while I know I probably won't be able to do all of that I'd at least like to know the theory!

Would engineering help you with general maintenance of stuff like cars etc which is more like what a technician would do? I'm just curious about it's applicability. I love fixing/building stuff so if it's going to add to my knowledge then awesome

My last questions relate to the scope of mechanical engineering. Would the things I mentioned in the first paragraph be included in mech eng?
At the moment, I compete in a spud gun competition each year and learning how to improve the combustion etc would be nice. Does combustion come under mech eng too?

My last question is about dragsters! I've got an internship with a team who are going to be racing a dragster they built this summer which will be really interesting to see. Is there anything I can do to prepare?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1408)
79.68%
Leave (359)
20.32%

Watched Threads