Ceilidh
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I've been revising but nothing seems to be sinking in I understand everything but I can't seem to remember a lot. I'm currently doing a past paper my tutor gave me and I keep having to look up the answers in my notebooks

In the mock exam my tutor gave us I had a D which was wonderful (I was only 2 marks from a C) -____-

How do you remember studies and names? All I can seem to remember properly is that Atkinson and Shriffin created the Multi-Store Model and Baddely created the Working Memory Model.

I also keep getting annoyed at myself and end up watching crap on youtube.

Also, how many studies per topic should I try to remember?
H_m007
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
^my life basically.. Dw all you just have to do is keep going over the exam past papers, eventually similar things come up. 2 months ago i got a C in my mock, but the i did all the pastpapers and kinda got use to the questions and started thinking like the mark scheme. in my last mock, i got an A for UNIT1 and B for unit2. now all im focusing on are the long answer questions. ive done every long anwer question the could possibly come up for UNIT1.

GoodLuck
DanTheHistorian
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Psychology at the start of Year 12 was fabulous. For Attachment, we had an RE teacher who studied Psychology when he was a Chaplain in a Mental Hospital. For everything else we had a Psychologist who knew everything about anything psychological. He had so many experiences - it was fantastic! Sadly, he fell ill in November and still hasn't made a full recovery.

So, the RE teacher took over full time - got the revision books / text books out and made a start from scratch. In the mock, everyone got a B or higher. The main reason we did is because we used the skills we learnt - it's quite simple:

Read a piece of information - anything! Highlight it, bring out the key information.

Transform it into something that you shall remember. A Mind Map is a bit boring, but it works. I like the idea of a comic strip of a wordle.

This shall take the information from your short term memory into your long term memory - enabling you to remember it.

Another thing: Don't overload on your revision, do bits at a time in chunks. So, if you do an hour on attachment - stick to it.

Heres the studies that I have been revising for the exam:

Attachment:
Ainsworth,
Bowlby,
Lorenz,
Kroonenberg and van Ijzendoorn.

Memory:
Atkinson and Shriffin,
Baddeley.

Stress:
Johannesburg

Conformity:
Zimbardo, ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_LKzEqlPto )
Milgram,

Plus others - but I would stick to those ones if you want to do minimal revision.

Don't worry, you'll be grand.
Ceilidh
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Ooops, I thought I had replied here. Thanks guys I've been revising like an idiot these past few days so HOPEFULLY something has sank in. I wish I done more revising throughout the year. I will keep that in mind for A2.
DanTheHistorian
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
There is an "Official" thread for tomorrow's exam. Have a look here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...y#post47552583

Best of luck. You'll be grand.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (66)
14.93%
I'm not sure (16)
3.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (148)
33.48%
I have already dropped out (7)
1.58%
I'm not a current university student (205)
46.38%

Watched Threads