I think I failed my maths exam, what can I do?

Watch
BULL14
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Today I had my end of ks3 sats, which determine what set you will be in for your gcse years, I think i completely failed the non-calculator paper, I don't know what happened I think i stressed too much which made my mind go blank when it came to the actual exam. I really want to get a level 8, but I don't know if that would be possible, as I have completely flopped the non-calculator, though I think I did better in the calculator and mental maths. I don't know what to do? Any advice would be appreciated as I am so stressed out at the moment. Thankyou.

It would be appreciated if anyone knows the grade boundaries for the 6-8 papers,as I will know what to expect and hopefully not aim to high
RayApparently
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Obviously I can't know wether or not you flopped but I'll tell you this: I can't even count the number of times I've walked out of an exam thinking I'd failed/done disappointingly, only to find I'd got an amazing grade. There's no point worrying about it know but if you're confident in your other exams and in your maths skills in general I'm sure you'll be fine
VioletPhillippo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Honestly try not to worry about it too much there will be plenty of opportunities to move sets & your teacher may even let you redo the test. I've messed up so many tests & although it can be really frustrating it's a really good practice for later exams. They don't do ks3 SATs at my school anymore but on the tests I did in year nine (last year) the grade boundary was only 47/80 for a level 8. Your teacher will most likely base your set on other things such as classwork, homework & participation, they know what you're normally capable of so don't worry.
BULL14
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
But the thing is that I am not is that my mind got blanked in paper 1, possibly due to stress, and I think I got something like 20/60, though I hope to get around 42 marks on my calculator allowed and around full marks on my mental maths, this will then leave me with 92 marks out of 150 - 5 marks of my desired level: 8c.

Thanks for the replies.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (139)
42.51%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (38)
11.62%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.26%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (70)
21.41%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.4%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed