Ive got a problem- I want to change my ucas application although ive already accepted

Watch
reece101
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I want to apply to a new university that's not on my application. Stupidly I've accepted an offer from Nottingham but Ive changed my mind and want to go to Middlesex instead. Ive used up all my ucas choices as well. What can I do? Thanks for help
xMissDebby
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think you're stuck unless you wait and apply next year or go into clearing and hope for the best. This is why its good to try and make informed choices about uni's before you put them down on UCAS. If you're still indecisive, I'd avoid clearing and maybe try again next year when you've had a think about what you for sure want. What if you change your mind again?
Annii
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Can you not decline all of them and apply through UCAS extra...? Even after accepting it.. A girl in my class is in a similar situation and I think she emailed UCAS, they told her to apply through extra.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by reece101)
I want to apply to a new university that's not on my application. Stupidly I've accepted an offer from Nottingham but Ive changed my mind and want to go to Middlesex instead. Ive used up all my ucas choices as well. What can I do? Thanks for help
First contact Middlesex and explain your circumstances. Find out if they have places available and whether they will look at your application. Preferably try to ascertain whether they will make you an offer though they might not reveal this officially.

Then, as suggested above, decline all your existing offers and apply to Middlesex through Extra.
L'Evil Fish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
May I ask why?
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ditto what ageshallnot says.

Can I ask, however, why you have decided that you would prefer to go to Middlesex instead of Nottingham? Assuming you mean the University of Nottingham and not Nottingham Trent, Nottingham is generally reckoned to be a much better university overall.
ChickenMadness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'd rather go Topsex or Bottomsex myself.
All-in
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think everyone here has missed the fact that OP has already made his replies, so he can't decline anything.

Nottingham has to reject him (if the offer is conditional) or release him (if the offer is unconditional). Then he can apply to Middlesex if the course is in Extra (assuming there is no insurance choice).
All-in
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by reece101)
Firstly, you need to establish whether the course at Middlesex is in Extra. Then you need to contact the university asking if they would consider your application, and asking the probability of getting an offer. You need to explain that you have already accpeted an offer but have changer your mind.

If they give you the thumbs up, you need to contact Nottingham (Trent?) asking them to reject or release you (see above). Once that happens, and assuming you don't have an insurance choice, you will be in Extra.
x__justmyluck
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Nottingham or Trent?

Anyway, find out if Middlesex would accept you through extra. Get Nottingham to reject you (and your insurance if you have one). Apply to Middlesex through Extra.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (256)
33.86%
No (500)
66.14%

Watched Threads