Scared about my future regardig A-Level choices? Watch

scrawlx101
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Are my career prospects for the future too narrow?For A-Level right now(wen i go september 2014) ive decided to pick:
Biology
psychology
business studies
english literature
Ive always wanted to be a doctor of some sort but once i found out how hard it was i am considering becoming a psychologist or doing a biology related career.I want to help people but i cant see myself taking chemistry or maths at Alevel and doing well...i have heard about biomedical science?
I love reading,biology(stem cells in particular) and i guesz i think of multiple possibilites depending on certain actions.I want a high paying.I like to imagine what people think when i see them.I sewm to be analytical when regarding a persons personality.Got exams next week any tips for GCSE geo btw? Its physical.
Help????
NikolaT
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's going to be very difficult getting into a decent university for Biomedical Sciences. Usually requirements stipulate something like 'at least 2 hard sciences' or require Chemistry.

Psychology is probably the better option of the two for you, though in the long run it may not be a financially profitable venture. Psychology graduates on these forums have said that they're being forced to pursue MSc's as just a BSc is no longer competitive.
scrawlx101
Rep:
?
Would say then its best if i swapped out business studies for chemistry?
scrawlx101
Rep:
?
Any1?
Budgie99
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
why dont you check the requirements on the unis you want to go to???

I think you should go for chemistry though, I want to be a doctor and I'm gonna do

Biology
Chemistry
Maths
Arabic.

I was looking up what unis want a few days ago. They like sciency subjects (obviously!) but it's also good to do one other like a language or english lit or business studies to show variety(apparently)
ATinyRevolt
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
[removed]
Last edited by ATinyRevolt; 4 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?