Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I had a piece of coursework due in today but I didn't manage to finish it on time, and decided that rather than give in a rushed piece that I would take the schools penalty for late submission. But I am confused about the penalty:
    "Five marks out of 100 will be deducted for coursework submitted within 24 hours of the deadline and a further five marks will be deducted for each subsequent 24-hour period (working days only) until the coursework is submitted."

I read this and presumed that meant if I hand in the coursework on Monday then only five marks will be deducted, however my boyfriends put doubts in my mind and said that this will count as 10 points deducted. However I can't hand it in over the weekend, as the office will be closed, and it won't be classed as handed in until I've handed two copies into the office and uploaded it online I need to take in two copies to the office. I've emailed the administrator but shes not replied yet, so if anybody could offer any insight that would be great, as I'm starting to panic!

Thanks, Joanne

ReputationRep:
    Hi Joanne! I just found your question here and I want to know how you solved this issue, for I have exactly the same problem here! I didn't even know how to hand in the essay now, because my department requires submission via Turnitin which refused my essay due to late submission.

I've emailed the course teacher but, well, it's weekend...so he may not reply until Monday...

Thanks,

M

ReputationRep:
    Each day counts, so you are probably going to lose 10 marks.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 17, 2014
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.