The Student Room Group

Anyone doing the new CCEA Further Maths specification this year?

Was called additional maths, now it's called Further Maths now. If so, is anyone going pure maths in June or doing it all at once next year?

Probably only me on this forum who does this exam board and is in year 10...
Reply 1
Slight bump lol, but I'm doing the additional maths course, it's the last year of examination.
Reply 2
Original post by TirnanF
Slight bump lol, but I'm doing the additional maths course, it's the last year of examination.

Your exam tomorrow as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Trihawk7
Your exam tomorrow as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes it is, quite looking forward to it!
Reply 4
Original post by TirnanF
Yes it is, quite looking forward to it!

I'm not, this new specification kills me... Lucky for you, the pure maths of additional maths is basically the same questions over and over again but there is a much more variated selection of questions coming up...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I'm not, this new specification kills me... Lucky for you, the pure maths of additional maths is basically the same questions over and over again but there is a much more variated selection of questions coming up...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, it's great because you just have to know how to do the exact same questions just with different numbers, easy to pick up high marks before going to paper 2 which is slightly more unpredictable. What's difficult about the new spec?

Why didn't your school do the additional maths exam, unless you have to do paper 2 next year?
Reply 6
Original post by TirnanF
I know, it's great because you just have to know how to do the exact same questions just with different numbers, easy to pick up high marks before going to paper 2 which is slightly more unpredictable. What's difficult about the new spec?

Why didn't your school do the additional maths exam, unless you have to do paper 2 next year?

I'm on year 11 over here so I am doing paper 2 in year 12 because I don't do maths all in one year...

But the questions are a lot more unpredictable on the new spec, very different questions on the two specimen papers I have... Did you do both units of DA this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I'm on year 11 over here so I am doing paper 2 in year 12 because I don't do maths all in one year...

But the questions are a lot more unpredictable on the new spec, very different questions on the two specimen papers I have... Did you do both units of DA this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unfortunate. I'm glad I don't have to do the new spec. And what's DA?
Reply 8
Original post by TirnanF
Unfortunate. I'm glad I don't have to do the new spec. And what's DA?

Double Award Science

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Double Award Science

Posted from TSR Mobile

I completed Unit 1 last year, we did exams in the November, March and June series. Doing unit 2 this year, I've done biology and have Chemisty on Tuesday and physics on Thursday.
Reply 10
Original post by TirnanF
I completed Unit 1 last year, we did exams in the November, March and June series. Doing unit 2 this year, I've done biology and have Chemisty on Tuesday and physics on Thursday.

Ahh right, thought you may have done both units in one year because some schools do that, guessing by your grades you go to a top catholic school?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Ahh right, thought you may have done both units in one year because some schools do that, guessing by your grades you go to a top catholic school?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would hate to do both units at the end of two years, that's 6 science exams, nightmare lol. Have you done any of the double award modules yet? And yes I go to a pretty good school.
Reply 12
Original post by TirnanF
I would hate to do both units at the end of two years, that's 6 science exams, nightmare lol. Have you done any of the double award modules yet? And yes I go to a pretty good school.

Yeah I done the unit 1 of DA but pretty sure failed biology

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Yeah I done the unit 1 of DA but pretty sure failed biology

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just repeat it in November if so, but hopefully you will be surprised.
Reply 14
Original post by TirnanF
Just repeat it in November if so, but hopefully you will be surprised.

If I don't get an A/A* I'll be resitting it anyway

I'm going to sleep now anyway, need the sleep for tomorrow's exam! Good night and good luck for tomorrow!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
If I don't get an A/A* I'll be resitting it anyway

I'm going to sleep now anyway, need the sleep for tomorrow's exam! Good night and good luck for tomorrow!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, good luck for you too!

Quick Reply

Latest