Leaving Uni Watch

shujatwahid
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
hi first time here and i decided to make an account because i wanted to see other peoples views and opinions on a huge decision i want to make about my life. I am a first year student and i am in the midst of my exams but i have come to the realisation that i do not want to carry on with uni studies as my heart is not in education no-more i really just want to find a job or apprenticeship. i just wanted to see other peoples opinion on this should i drop out of uni and get a job or stick with something my hearts not into??
Vian
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
First of all, what is it that's putting you off Uni? Is it a dislike for the course content, dislike of the Uni, fear of exams, not getting along with coursemates, etc?

More to the point, if you know for sure that Uni isn't for you, then by all means find a job/apprenticeship. Uni isn't the only means to success, nor is it for everyone. However, I'd suggest staying in Uni and job-hunt, as there's no guarantee of finding a job or apprenticeship in today's economy. Then, in the worst case scenario where you're unable to find a placement you're interested in, at least there's the degree as a backup.
shujatwahid
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Vian)
First of all, what is it that's putting you off Uni? Is it a dislike for the course content, dislike of the Uni, fear of exams, not getting along with coursemates, etc?

More to the point, if you know for sure that Uni isn't for you, then by all means find a job/apprenticeship. Uni isn't the only means to success, nor is it for everyone. However, I'd suggest staying in Uni and job-hunt, as there's no guarantee of finding a job or apprenticeship in today's economy. Then, in the worst case scenario where you're unable to find a placement you're interested in, at least there's the degree as a backup.
honestly i think it is most likely the course but i just dont feel like studying any more if you understand what im trying to say i mean school and college was fine but i think thats all for me, i have been in uni for a year and yeah its a waste of 9k but atleast i know its not for me.

yes ofcourse i have been job hunting recently and have applied for many different places fingers crossed i get one lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• City, University of London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 6 Feb '19
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 5 Oct '19

Are you chained to your phone?