11.17%
    I'm a guy: no
    50.84%
    I'm a girl : yes
    19.55%
    I'm a girl : no
    18.44%

ReputationRep:
    Let's say the rules of the school were not against it so he'd be allowed to.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I would. If that's how he wants to express himself then I would support and protect him as best as I could. Though I would make sure that he fully understood that the path he was embarking on wasn't going to be easy. They would always be ignorant people who want to crush him down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WitnessMO)
    Yes, I would. If that's how he wants to express himself then I would support and protect him as best as I could. Though I would make sure that he fully understood that the path he was embarking on wasn't going to be easy. They would always be ignorant people who want to crush him down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WitnessMO)
    Completely agree with this. ^

ReputationRep:
    No.

It would be my duty as a parent to protect my child to the best of my abilities and although you may say "well if people want to pick on him then they're the real losers", it's little consolation when he's getting his head flushed down the toilets.

ReputationRep:
    Christ no

ReputationRep:
    No, because I know he'd get his ass kicked. Kids in secondary schools are vicious. If you don't tow the line, they'll tear you apart.

Why would you willingly let your son walk into that?

ReputationRep:
    No. My son would never wear a dress and if he wants to be gay(God Forbid) i wouldnt accept it. I would have taught him the difference between right and wrong and wearing a dress to school is gay and it may want him to become gay. So no my son would not wear a dress to school.think about all the insults that would be thrown at him and i as the father would be accepting it. Come again. He should wear t shirts and jeans not dresses and skirts.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by SamTheMan95)
    No, because I know he'd get his ass kicked. Kids in secondary schools are vicious. If you don't tow the line, they'll tear you apart.

Why would you willingly let your son walk into that?
    I agree.

ReputationRep:
    No. One of a parent's responsibilities is protecting the child from stupid decisions they'd make.

If my child genuinely decided he wanted to live as a girl, then we'd probably embark on some form of counselling and see how it turned out. I wouldn't have many issues with him eventually deciding that after much discussion and professional involvement.

But just 'Dad, can I wear a dress to school?' **** no. Much as liberal parenting might seem right-on and trendy, I'd feel somewhat reluctant to drop my child into a world of bullying hell on a whim.

ReputationRep:
    i wouldn't let my son wear a dress to school simply because males don't wear dresses (normally).

if he wants to be gay, that's no problem whatsoever, but i don't see any positive outcome coming from him wearing a dress.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    No. My son would never wear a dress and if he wants to be gay(God Forbid) i wouldnt accept it. I would have taught him the difference between right and wrong and wearing a dress to school is gay and it may want him to become gay. So no my son would not wear a dress to school.think about all the insults that would be thrown at him and i as the father would be accepting it. Come again. He should wear t shirts and jeans not dresses and skirts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Looks like whoever taught you the difference between right and wrong messed up

ReputationRep:
    No. My son would never wear a dress and if he wants to be gay (God Forbid) i wouldnt accept it. I would have taught him the difference between right and wrong and wearing a dress to school is gay and it may want him to become gay. So no my son would not wear a dress to school.think about all the insults that would be thrown at him and i as the father would be accepting it. Come again. He should wear t shirts and jeans not dresses and skirts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Try ease off on the homophobia. Even if you're against it, this is a student forum.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe. If it was for a dare or he lost a bit, then sure. If he's trying to express himself or exploring his feelings, then I'd have failed as a father.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan95)
    Try ease off on the homophobia. Even if you're against it, this is a student forum.
    Ok sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hell no

ReputationRep:
    I would.

He sure knows about the bullying that would ensue, and it is up to him to weigh his options and make his decision.

He would be the one doing it. He would be the one to potentially be bullied. He would be he one expressing himself.

He sure would in a better position to make that decision than me, who would just be an outsider.

ReputationRep:
    Depends how old he is and if it's for a cute little play, then yeah why not

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Insults that would be thrown at him by people like you?

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.