?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Any ideas what questions might come up
rainbow321
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have the exact same question, I really want to know because the exam is in 24 hours and I am so not prepared and there is too much to do - I need to know the predicted 15 marks particularly, I am doing rivers, coasts, population and health. thank you
Fantabanta
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think Youthful populations and Ageing (Uganda and UK) are due to come up this year
niki981
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have been told that for health either a local case study of how pop affects health care systems or difference in health care approaches
entername
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
how was it
nikkisinclair
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
'population change positively affects the character of rural and urban environments' - Discuss... the most fu*king obscure question that could have come up
Chet96
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
exactly.What the f**k AQA.Ba****rds
adamcraven2
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Some of the worst 15 markers going
BeccaLou33
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
sorry to jump in here..I thought it was horrendous!
took me so flippin long to think of something for that population 15 marker I was really pushed for time at the end. Also the first 2 energy questions....sorry what? never heard of you before!
also next to no case studies...angry coz I knew mine really well and was totally ready to blab on about Gambia etc.
not best pleased..all I can think about now is everything I forgot to include. worst bloody 15markers ive ever written I think.
questions were very vague and strangely worded.
slightly pee'd off the say the least...might have just blown it!
Adam Harper
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The picture of Las Vegas on the Deserts question asking to describe the development! In Deserts!
Adam Harper
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It was do disjointed and really poorly thought through! The energy question on sustainable travel I mean yeah that is in the subject but there is like literally half a page!
BeccaLou33
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
feel better knowing it wasn't just me who nearly gave up halfway through! praying maths goes well so I never have to do geography again
BeccaLou33
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
ohh...was anyone else thrown by the first two coasts ones? something about explaining links and commenting on sediment movement? didn't quite understand what I was supposed to do..
Adam Harper
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It felt more like an economics paper! I mean it wasn't to difficult but it was quiet hard to get all the marks in some questions also on rivers when asked you to assess human and physical flooding causes and it barely gave you 4 marks worth of content
angelfox
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
That population 15 marker :mad:
angelfox
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Overall though I've either done really well or really bad.
Adam Harper
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Every mock I've done I've gotten 90% or higher but when I saw some of the questions on the paper I was like seriously aqa?? Going to ring them tomorrow
nikkisinclair
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Well its certainly propitious that enough people may have found some of the questions equally onerous...those grade boundaries will be coming down
angelfox
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Adam Harper)
Every mock I've done I've gotten 90% or higher but when I saw some of the questions on the paper I was like seriously aqa?? Going to ring them tomorrow
What would you say though?
Adam Harper
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I would say many of your figures were incorrecte e.g. The permeability of sandstone
Secondly there was a population question included in the Deserts section
Thirdly the population 15 marker was far to broad and many people will not get high marks due to the ambiguity of the question but the strictness of the mark scheme
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (150)
14.75%
I'm not sure (44)
4.33%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (304)
29.89%
I have already dropped out (26)
2.56%
I'm not a current university student (493)
48.48%

Watched Threads