Turn on thread page Beta

Work experience at a chiropractic clinic for medicine? watch

ReputationRep:
    Do you think it's suitable?

ReputationRep:
    By work experience I assume you mean an observing/shadowing role, rather than being more hands on like you could be in a care home. Although shadowing a chiropractor isn't allopathic medicine (i.e. mainstream MBBS-type medicine) there is no reason why doing this would harm your application, and you could talk about how alternative therapies are used in the UK and contrast it to work experience in the NHS if you manage to get some (not everyone does and it's not a deal breaker if you don't).

Ultimately, if you have the time to do it and you are not doing it instead of an allopathic NHS shadowing role, go for it. You will see how chiropractors help anxious patients etc. so it could help your application. Just make sure you get some hands on experience somewhere. We really like PHAB (http://www.phab.org). They run social groups for people with disabilities and you can really get involved.

Hope this helps.

All the best,
    Medicine Mentoring
    http://www.medicinementoring.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    Nothing lost by doing it If you have the opportunity take it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vee_wuvshugs)
    Do you think it's suitable?
    I'm at medical school, and we've actually done a placement at a chiropractic. I'd say go for it. It's a healthcare environment.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 11, 2014

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.