AQA LITB3 - Elements of the Pastoral - June 2014 Watch

StartingTheParty
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
What is everyone else studying as their texts?

We are doing Tess of the D'Urbervilles, As You Like It and Post-1945 Poetry.
TSR Learn Together
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
ifonlyalice
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm doing Tess of the D'urbervilles for the first section and then Arcadia and Blake.

Any predictions for the Tess question?
cjwalker
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No predictions thought about for the Tess question - but I'm doing Tess of the D'Urbervilles, Blake's 'Innocence and Experience' and post-1945 poetry. Still not sure what I'll do for the first section.
dooobie_
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Scared for this exam

Posted from TSR Mobile
jzola
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm terrified about this exam :/ I'm doing Tess, She Stoops to Conquer and poetry 1300-1800
Snapcracklepop82
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm doing Brideshead Revisited, Post 1945 poetry and As You Like It, but I have virtually no quotes for As You Like It! Anybody got any good ones?
funkymonkey_
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm doing Tess of the D'Urbervilles, 'AYLI' and Blake's Songs of Innocence and Experience.
Kinda scared.. has anyone got any predictions about the Section B question? My teacher seems to think it may be about 'personal growth/regeneration' but I think it might be on like gender or bucolic love, hmmm.
dooobie_
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by funkymonkey_)
I'm doing Tess of the D'Urbervilles, 'AYLI' and Blake's Songs of Innocence and Experience.
Kinda scared.. has anyone got any predictions about the Section B question? My teacher seems to think it may be about 'personal growth/regeneration' but I think it might be on like gender or bucolic love, hmmm.
I am doing the same texts! Any preferences for section A?

Posted from TSR Mobile
jzola
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by funkymonkey_)
(Original post by dooobie_)
I am doing the same texts! Any preferences for section A?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have you guys got any Tess predictions ?
cjwalker
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jzola)
Have you guys got any Tess predictions ?
No clue but really hoping for a question regarding the destruction of the natural world and rural ways of life..
StartingTheParty
Rep:
?
My teacher has been telling us she has a sneaking feeling nostalgia will come up somewhere... :P
jzola
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by StartingTheParty)
My teacher has been telling us she has a sneaking feeling nostalgia will come up somewhere... :P
I think thats probably quite a good prediction- I don't think it has come up for a while...
ifonlyalice
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My teacher suggested perhaps something on religion might come up in Tess? or maybe 'movement' or 'journeys' for section B. any other guesses?
jzola
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ifonlyalice)
My teacher suggested perhaps something on religion might come up in Tess? or maybe 'movement' or 'journeys' for section B. any other guesses?
I would cry with happiness if that came up because thats what I did my coursework on :')
Cake Girl
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm doing Tess of the D'Urbervilles, Blake's Songs of Innocence and Experience, and 1300-1800 poetry. Hoping for a question about the natural world or changes to ways of life!
Cake Girl
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by cjwalker)
No clue but really hoping for a question regarding the destruction of the natural world and rural ways of life..
Me too. I have so much to write about that and my revision has inadvertently become focused around that kind of question.
StartingTheParty
Rep:
?
I think a question on "journeys" would be really nice!

As You Like It
- Orlando's journey from rowdy youth to mature lover
- Oliver's journey from moral corruption to redemption

Tess
- Literal journeys - the "moonlight journey", with the "opalized circle of glory" and the "treacle" which "glistened like a slimy snake" - all leading up to her fall
- Angel's retreat and return - it's "too late" -> he leaves Wessex with the prejudices and mindset of social law but returns renewed and faithful to his beloved
- Journey from Sandbourne to Stonehenge - contrast between "pleasure city" and "forest of monoliths"

Post-1945 Poetry
- Poem in October - "over the border", "shower of all my days", "still be sung in a year's turning"
dooobie_
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What do people think of the possibility religion could crop up for Blake?

Posted from TSR Mobile
jzola
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by StartingTheParty)
I think a question on "journeys" would be really nice!

As You Like It
- Orlando's journey from rowdy youth to mature lover
- Oliver's journey from moral corruption to redemption

Tess
- Literal journeys - the "moonlight journey", with the "opalized circle of glory" and the "treacle" which "glistened like a slimy snake" - all leading up to her fall
- Angel's retreat and return - it's "too late" -> he leaves Wessex with the prejudices and mindset of social law but returns renewed and faithful to his beloved
- Journey from Sandbourne to Stonehenge - contrast between "pleasure city" and "forest of monoliths"

Post-1945 Poetry
- Poem in October - "over the border", "shower of all my days", "still be sung in a year's turning"
Woah master predictor Bet you were happy with the Tess question!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Life Sciences; Department of Psychology Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (1)
1.49%
No (66)
98.51%

Watched Threads