Turn on thread page Beta

Controlled assesment results!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have only just found out my controlled assessment results for both geography and ICT. In geography i got an A and in ICT I got a high B (which I am rather disappointed about - since I was hoping to at least get an A)... I have got my exams coming up next week in both subjects and was wondering if I got an A* in both exams (bearing in mind geography is split into two sections) since i now i am cable of (reflecting on my mock results), what would be the highest grade I could get?

ReputationRep:
    yes you can easily get an a* i geography since the CA is worth only 25%

ReputationRep:
    You could get an A* in geography how many exams is ICT because a similar thing happened to my friends and she ended up with an A overall

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MidnightDream)
    You could get an A* in geography how many exams is ICT because a similar thing happened to my friends and she ended up with an A overall
    I hope so , and for the ict i only have one exam for that and so i think the ca is worth more than the actual exam. I suppose i will be happy with an A (better than getting a B overall), as i was trying to aim for as many A* as possible...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kitty-meaw)
    I hope so , and for the ict i only have one exam for that and so i think the ca is worth more than the actual exam. I suppose i will be happy with an A (better than getting a B overall), as i was trying to aim for as many A* as possible...
    Aaah I see anyhow I hope geography and your other exams go amazingly well, I'm sure you'll be rolling in A*s - best of luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MidnightDream)
    Aaah I see anyhow I hope geography and your other exams go amazingly well, I'm sure you'll be rolling in A*s - best of luck
    Thank you, i feel quite worried and don't feel well prepared yet - having to remember all the case studies! Better start cracking on :^_^:

ReputationRep:
    Which exam board are you doing for geography? I'm doing Edexcel B and all the revision is killing me
    good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onliestme)
    Which exam board are you doing for geography? I'm doing Edexcel B and all the revision is killing me
    good luck!
    I'm doing aqa for geography and edexcel for ICT, yh me too what i am doing for geography is i am doing a revision book, so far i have finished living world now i am on water on land... this helps me much better because i can write all the key information and case studies clearer so i can look back to and learn better... will post a picture

ReputationRep:
    Oooh thanks I've done revision cards for all the topics and have started doing past papers now Im doing a revision book for history though bc theres so much content

ReputationRep:
    good luck!
    Name:  WP_20140510_003 (1).jpg
Views: 115
Size:  283.4 KB Name:  WP_20140510_001.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  311.0 KB
    Name:  WP_20140510_002.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  287.8 KB btw good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    Oooh thanks I've done revision cards for all the topics and have started doing past papers now Im doing a revision book for history though bc theres so much content
    i have got some revision cards but they don't seem to help me a lot, i only find them useful for science and when i finish the 3 topics i will also be starting to do some past papers

ReputationRep:
    i have got some revision cards but they don't seem to help me a lot, i only find them useful for science and when i finish the 3 topics i will also be starting to do some past papers
    Are you on AQA for Science?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thechemistress)
    Are you on AQA for Science?
    nope edexcel

ReputationRep:
    Name:  WP_20140510_003 (1).jpg
Views: 115
Size:  283.4 KB Name:  WP_20140510_001.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  311.0 KB
    Name:  WP_20140510_002.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  287.8 KB btw good luck to you too!
    wow that looks amazing! It looks like you have to learn things in a lot more detail for your exam board than I do

ReputationRep:
    I've got most of my CA results...

I got an A* in my first CS (computer science) CA, and a B in my second one (2 from an A or so, but I'm sure we had less time for that one...).

I got an A in my Chemistry CA (1 from an A*), and I don't have the results from my ICT CA yet (being marked over the weekend).

We haven't been told our English CA results.

So, just the exams to go really.

ReputationRep:
    wow that looks amazing! It looks like you have to learn things in a lot more detail for your exam board than I do
    Thanks and yh it's a lot of work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liamwli)
    I've got most of my CA results...

I got an A* in my first CS (computer science) CA, and a B in my second one (2 from an A or so, but I'm sure we had less time for that one...).

I got an A in my Chemistry CA (1 from an A*), and I don't have the results from my ICT CA yet (being marked over the weekend).

We haven't been told our English CA results.

So, just the exams to go really.
    Oh fingers crossed you get want you want for your ICT and i'm so glad i did my English early last year even though i only came out with a B overall since i was expecting to get an A and for my science controlled assessment i got an A* 2 marks from getting full! Which i am so happy about

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.