What did inoculation do to Edward Jenner ? History GCSE (EDEXCEL) Watch

Zerousa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello, hello !

I'm doing medicine through time and i'm a bit confused on what inoculation had made Edward Jenner create vaccination? I was doing a past paper and was confused on what to write for the importance of Edward Jenner and how inoculation had helped with the process, any help please ?
beckyrebecca
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Edward Jenner found that cowpox prevented maids from catching smallpox so his vaccination included giving people cowpox. Innoculators gave people a small dose of smallpox in hope that they would get the disease lightly and it will prevent them from getting it again. However, innoculation did not always work as they could be given too much of the disease causing them to just get smallpox and die which is where Jenner comes in as his Vaccination did not do this.

Hope this helped in some way
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (155)
45.59%
Pro-humanity (185)
54.41%