HELP - University of Lincoln Uni Accommodation Watch

AnEnglishScott
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have sent an application for accommodation for lincoln uni a while back (about a month ago), and still haven't heard anything back. Anyone else made any progress, or should I be worried?
Geo21
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Are you currently doing a level? Even if not I don't think anyone will hear back until after results day. I sent mine within hours of the accommodation application being online so I wouldn't worry
AnEnglishScott
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am yeah! Ah that's great news, put my mind at ease, thanks very much!
Geo21
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by AnEnglishScott)
I am yeah! Ah that's great news, put my mind at ease, thanks very much!
it's all order into numbers too so you'll have a better chance of getting your preferred accommodation than those who have done it after you 😃. Good luck with exam
makab123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
As far as I'm aware, the university replies once they have your results so they know who still qualifies. Id recommend looking into private landlords as well. I just sorted my accomodation with a private landlord. £60 p/w, with.bills included. 4 bedroom house. Depends upon how close to the uni you want to be, who you want to live with etc.
SoniaLee
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by makab123)
As far as I'm aware, the university replies once they have your results so they know who still qualifies. Id recommend looking into private landlords as well. I just sorted my accomodation with a private landlord. £60 p/w, with.bills included. 4 bedroom house. Depends upon how close to the uni you want to be, who you want to live with etc.
How long are you planning to stay in Lincoln? As an international student who only go for a year, do you recommend we look for private landlords instead of uni accommodation?
makab123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Private landlords usually rent rooms for between 42-48 weeks whilst uni accomodation rents for about 50. Also uni accomodation can be upto £300 more each month. So yes, I would definately recommend looking into private landlords
accomguru
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
While there can be some financial benefit to choose an off campus private landlord, some international Studnts do get challenged with understanding exactly what the house offers. Whereas halls are pretty standard set up. Nothing is far away from anything in lincoln. But as you will find it hard to visit any houses, you just need to be sure before your finally select your accommodation

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (295)
26.06%
Yes - they're famous (288)
25.44%
No I don't (549)
48.5%

Watched Threads