The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial Overnight Guest policy

What are Imperial's rules about overnight guests in halls? I'm hoping to start there in September and want to know about the possibility of my boyfriend coming over every 2-4 weeks for 2-3 nights at a time. Is there a strict policy about this?

I've heard about having to inform the warden at least a week in advance and only being allowed overnight guests for up to 10 days of a term, is there anyone who can confirm this?

Cheers!
Original post by kimsiclez
What are Imperial's rules about overnight guests in halls? I'm hoping to start there in September and want to know about the possibility of my boyfriend coming over every 2-4 weeks for 2-3 nights at a time. Is there a strict policy about this?

I've heard about having to inform the warden at least a week in advance and only being allowed overnight guests for up to 10 days of a term, is there anyone who can confirm this?

Cheers!

Hi, You can get away with having people stay with you overnight regularly without any problems and this is very normal. The only issue is that they should be accompanied by you at all times and not left alone. There would be no way for them to get in/out of halls without your imperial college ID card which all halls use at the entrances. If it is the case of your boyfriend there will be no problem even if he wanted to stay with you most of the time. The only reason Imperial staff may get annoyed is if people are giving their rooms to friends whilst they are away as this is strictly not allowed.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by hellohihello
Hi, You can get away with having people stay with you overnight regularly without any problems and this is very normal. The only issue is that they should be accompanied by you at all times and not left alone. There would be no way for them to get in/out of halls without your imperial college ID card which all halls use at the entrances. If it is the case of your boyfriend there will be no problem even if he wanted to stay with you most of the time. The only reason Imperial staff may get annoyed is if people are giving their rooms to friends whilst they are away as this is strictly not allowed.

Thanks so much :smile:
Just to confirm what hellohihello said, officially you are supposed to declare all guest in advance. Unofficially, people have friends/boyfriends/etc. over all the time and its not really an issue.

Only problems you may have are:
- If you have a shared room male sure your roommate is okay with it obviously
- Hall seniors probably won't care but I wouldn't tell them just in case
- ID cards for getting in as mentioned previously

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Curtailment
Just to confirm what hellohihello said, officially you are supposed to declare all guest in advance. Unofficially, people have friends/boyfriends/etc. over all the time and its not really an issue.

Only problems you may have are:
- If you have a shared room male sure your roommate is okay with it obviously
- Hall seniors probably won't care but I wouldn't tell them just in case
- ID cards for getting in as mentioned previously

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for that! Glad to hear unofficial is okay!
Hi, I am in a similar situation this year, I wondered how you got on.
😀
The policy is different depending on which halls you are in. In Wilson House you're allowed guests up to 3 nights a week as long as you log them all on the eWilson service.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending