Is this fronting or not? Watch

BillyHH
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey.

So basically im an 18 year old guy who passed his driving test about 10 days ago.
Anyway, I have tried getting a car insurance quote for my mums Peugeot 307 1.4L from Co-op's Blackbox. She filled in the details and added me a named driver. Her mileage in the car was listed between 0-1000 miles a year, and my mileage was listed as 3000-4000 a year. This shows that I will be mainly driving the car although it would be her policy. The quote came up as £1850 which is affordable. However, is this fronting or not? Because I will be driving the car more as I have stated saying I will be doing more miles, although my mum will still drive it on occasions.
mackemforever
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by BillyHH)
Hey.

So basically im an 18 year old guy who passed his driving test about 10 days ago.
Anyway, I have tried getting a car insurance quote for my mums Peugeot 307 1.4L from Co-op's Blackbox. She filled in the details and added me a named driver. Her mileage in the car was listed between 0-1000 miles a year, and my mileage was listed as 3000-4000 a year. This shows that I will be mainly driving the car although it would be her policy. The quote came up as £1850 which is affordable. However, is this fronting or not? Because I will be driving the car more as I have stated saying I will be doing more miles, although my mum will still drive it on occasions.
It doesn't matter what the declared mileage you tell your insurers is. It is very simple, if you drive the car substantially more than she does then your insurers will refuse to pay out if you have an accident.
BillyHH
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Oh right ok thanks for the reply, ahhhh the struggles!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (50)
73.53%
Leave (18)
26.47%

Watched Threads