asapsimeon
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
‘A voice from heaven is all that is needed to prove that Jesus was sent from God.’
Do you agree? Give reasons for your answer, showing that you have thought about
more than one point of view. Refer to Mark’s Gospel in your answer.

ANSWER:

Some Christians agree, as a voice from God came down and said 'this is my Son, the Beloved, I am pleased with him' in the Baptism. This voice showed that Jesus Christ was the Son of God, and therefore came from him, so all that is needed is a voice from God,
Conversely, other Christians disagree, as Jesus Christ was anointed at Bethany- by anointing him, it was proof that Jesus Christ was not only a king, but chosen by God specifically to share the good news of the gospel across the whole of humanity. So the anointing at Bethany proves Jesus came from God.
On balance, I agree, as God's voice was also present during the Transfiguration, 'this is my Son, the Beloved, listen to him'. The voice from Heaven was proof that Jesus Christ had authority, as God told the Inner 3 to 'listen to him'. This authority was God-given, and therefore shows that Jesus Christ came directly from God.

Please mark the above 6 mark question.
asapsimeon
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
bump
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (65)
23.55%
No (211)
76.45%

Watched Threads