Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am looking for a contract phone and the minimum contract length is 24 months which seems way too long before you get an upgrade. The phone may be very slow around that time and many apps wouldnt be compatible and you cand upgrade to the newest OS. So are there any 18 month phone contracts on smartphones.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Short term contracts have died out a lot recently because they're usually pretty horrible value for money- carriers still need to recoup a high profit margin on the handsets so typically ramp up the upfront and monthly costs.

(Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    The phone may be very slow around that time and many apps wouldnt be compatible and you cand upgrade to the newest OS. So are there any 18 month phone contracts on smartphones.
    The way I see it, there are two ways to go- get a 24 month contract on a flagship handset, now's a good time to do it with the big name Android manufacturers all having refreshed their top of the line models pretty recently, which will have zero issues lasting two years. Alternatively get one of the low cost, high performance handsets like the Nexus 5, Moto G or upcoming Oneplus One, on PAYG then go on a SIM only plan and save the extra cash until you want to upgrade. It's a lot cheaper in the long run.

ReputationRep:
    Giffgaff gives you the option of getting a new phone on a less than 24 month contract, with them you can go for 6, 12, or 18 months. I've never used them though so can't say on the quality of the service and stuff, but they have that going for them

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.