Turn on thread page Beta

Would you make a good or bad TSR moderator? watch

Quote taken from announcements:

(Original post by Loz17)
    The role of a moderator is a very proactive one, so alongside dealing with reported posts and other crap, the moderator will be expected to take an active role within the forum, reading and responding to threads where possible and keeping a lookout for any rule breaking blah blah blah.....

Self-nominations

We are also collecting self-nominations for this role. If you feel you could fulfil the role described and meet the above criteria, you can also nominate yourself by posting in the Moderator Nominations forum and answering these following questions (as a guide, around 100 words for each is enough):

Can you tell us why you think you'd make a good moderator?
    What do you think being a moderator involves? What makes a good moderator and what skills and characteristics are useful?
    Have you already done anything to get involved and help out in the section you are nominating yourself for, and also in TSR in general?
    Do you have any ideas to improve or develop the TSR Community section, or TSR generally?
    So what would your answers be? Also 100 words is way too much! Heres mine:

Can you tell us why you think you'd make a good moderator? Because I would delete all the naughty messages people post. However I wouldnt be pedantic, I would let minor stuff go.
    What do you think being a moderator involves? Deleting messages and warnin users, innit?
    What makes a good moderator and what skills and characteristics are useful? A good moderator has sound judgement. He has the ability to decide whether a potentially controversial post needs to be deleted based on how much offense could be caused, or whether such message has a genuine point to put across. Sometimes theres a fine line between the 2 and a good moderator will know where this lies. A moderator does not need a fork lift truck license but it helps if he has good literacy.
    Have you already done anything to get involved and help out in the section you are nominating yourself for, and also in TSR in general? Not really, no.
    Do you have any ideas to improve or develop the TSR Community section, or TSR generally? Yes, I have several that I think are extremely good ones.

So basically I would be an outstanding moderator. What do you guys think?

ReputationRep:
    I would troll everyone, lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I'd be excellent :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Probably the worst in TSR history.

ReputationRep:

das it mane

(Original post by Potally_Tissed)
    :holmes:
    :hi:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    :hi:
    Good day.

I'd be a brilliant mod.

Let's face it, Chat is a complete ****hole right now, and it has been for a while. I'd fix that sharpish

(Original post by Lawinqski)

das it mane
    That guy would look perfectly normal if he straightened his glasses and closed his mouth.

ReputationRep:
    I'd have sporadic moments of totalitarianism against some posts, then moments of clarity where I wouldn't give a flying fart about anything on tsr.

Strongly correlated to how pissed off I was in reality of course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)

Let's face it, Chat is a complete ****hole right now, and it has been for a while. I'd fix that sharpish
    How would you do that? Chat is supposed to be a place with relaxed rules anyway.

I literally just been yellow carded after posting this thread. I love the irony.

ReputationRep:
    I'd make a great mod

anyone posting **** would get an insta permaban

ReputationRep:
    probably pretty bad lol

ReputationRep:
    nope would end up getting bored and banning everyone who dared disagree with me

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, I'll probably delete all arsenal threads :mwuaha:

(Original post by Lawinqski)

das it mane
    Haha I wouldn't be surprised if it were true on some mods

ReputationRep:
    I'd be great. In the academic sections anyway, and general chat.

I'm everywhere and the amount of reporting I have to do, I might as well mod it.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know

ReputationRep:
    Hell no, I would probably argue with everyone who annoyed me and the other users would end having to break it up instead of me doing the same for one of them.

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.