The Student Room Group

No Janurary exams

with no January exams do you think examiners are going to be more lenient on grade boundaries?
Reply 1
Original post by h_steer95
with no January exams do you think examiners are going to be more lenient on grade boundaries?

TBH, not really. It depend on how students find the exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's such a ridiculous policy.

I now have 8 exams in the space of a week, surely that's going to impact on my overall performance?
I think the grade boundaries will be lower anyhoo, however I very much doubt they will be lenient when marking
(edited 9 years ago)
Boundaries should be lower - especially for A2 Sciences, I can't quite see people coping with F214 and F215 at the same time there's just so much content!
Original post by h_steer95

GCSE/A-Level grades are based on specific criteria for grades and I don't think they have changed so there grades will just drop, unfortunately.
Reply 6
I don't understand how this will improve students grades. Why are they making it far more difficult than it was in the first place
Reply 7
Examiners are unlikely to change their marking style / criteria.

But subjects that are intensively memorizing like law and psychology may see a slight drop in boundaries but subjects like Maths won't really be that different

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hope they don't fall. This will help differentiate the abled students from non-abled students

Quick Reply

Latest