Can anyone help me with this? Watch

shmit88
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi guys,

I wonder if someone could help me with my issue or perhaps there is an equation/algorithm I am not aware of. (I think it's probability but I have tried and still can't use that to work it out).

I am currently working on a business idea (I am a student but this is a side venture I am looking into) and I am trying to calculate how often new stock would need to be bought, but I just can't seem to work it out as there are a number of different variables.

The business idea is a subscription-based rental business, similar to the Netflix business model but the products are physically delivered to homes. Customers will pay a monthly subscription and be able to rent out a product for as long as they like, although I estimate the average turnaround time will be 10 days, therefore 3 rentals a month.

I have determined that I should stock 12 different types of products with 3 of each and I have also predicted that the product itself will be capable of rental 18 times before it requires writing off/replacing.

Is there a way I can make a calculated prediction of the minimum amount of days/weeks before a product needs replacing, such as an equation or algorithm.

To summarise, I need an equation for calculating when replacements of products are required, i.e. the average amount of time based on x amount of customers.

x amount of customers.
36 products in total.
an average of 3 product rentals a month.
product lifespan of 18 rentals.
amount of days before product requires replacing = ?

I really hope someone can help with an equation, I would very much appreciate it!

Kind Regards,

Calum
shmit88
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Anyone?
Mr M
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by shmit88)
Anyone?
As you are running a business you should expect to pay an appropriate commercial rate for this work. It feels a bit like you are dumpster diving in the F38 intellectual trashcan.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1116)
78.93%
Leave (298)
21.07%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise