Turn on thread page Beta

Teenage Education + Too much socializing= Failing Exams watch

ReputationRep:
    Imagine this scenario, you're a 15/16 year old teenager who has his/hers final coming up in the next month. You know you have mountains and mountains of revision to get done, so you drag yourself towards your desk.Open up your text book and force yourself to read.This goes on for about 7 to 8 minutes before the text starts to blur and you lose all concentration.
    "BEEP, BEEP."
    You're tempted to grab your phone and check your message .BAM and before you know it you've just spent two hours texting when you should have been revising.

This is the case with teens everywhere everyday.Teenagers should stop spending most of their free time on social media.Social media distracts(or should i say controls?) kids from their school revision.They spend all day clicking away when they should be reading and storing information away into their heads instead of spending all night chatting online with someone they've just seen 2 hours ago at school.

I am not persuading you ban all your technology but to make sure you can control your time when using it and in the meanwhile not to forget your school work.If teens reduce time on their phones/laptops ect they could be increasing their chance of holding onto their knowledge before it runs away.

Whether you're a parent or a teenager your self reading this sheet, it's your choice to make this change happen , your responsibility.
    We all want what's best for you..but the question is, do you?
    Failing- is not often a choice although if you spend hours on meaningless things instead of doing what's best for you, it soon will be.

Everyone has a dream right?And of course anyone can make that dream come true if you succeed and work hard.Although if you're spending your time watching telly, texting, skyping etc by all means you won't have any chance of holding onto that dream.

Once upon a time a wise man said to use your time wisely (ha see what i did there

Remember I'm not telling you that you should bin your phone or lock your laptop in a cupboard and throw away the key because we both that's just plain mean.All i want is for you to think about what you're doing with your life right now, ask yourself 'Is this helping me get my GCSE/A-levels or is it pushing me towards the wrong path?' If you don't like your answer you could always change it you know .

Revising leads to-
    ~A's in GCSE ~Awesome A- level grades
    ~University
    ~That feeling when 100kg is lifted from your shoulders
    ~Oh and better future

Remember use your time wisely.
    (Btw i got a 8C for this^)

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    what on earth is this supposed to mean

ReputationRep:
    lawl its the 'You don't say?' meme. Meaning that what you said should be pretty common sense lol.

ReputationRep:
    I think I'll get in before the stream of disagreements and say I actually agree with this.

ReputationRep:
    This confuses me. Is it advice or just an essay you wrote?

ReputationRep:
    lawl its the 'You don't say?' meme. Meaning that what you said should be pretty common sense lol.
    Ha first of all i'm going to take that as a compliment and second of all some people are just dumb plain to revise :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midgemeister7)
    This confuses me. Is it advice or just an essay you wrote?
    Haboth

ReputationRep:
    I agree, but it's not groundbreaking. Isn't this what every parent has said to every child born upwards of 1990?

ReputationRep:
    I have an exam on Monday and I'm going to a party tonight, shouldn't need to sacrifice a social life to get good grades

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coopertroopa03)
    I agree, but it's not groundbreaking. Isn't this what every parent has said to every child born upwards of 1990?
    True although most kids don't take it to account

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SerLorasTyrell)
    I have an exam on Monday and I'm going to a party tonight, shouldn't need to sacrifice a social life to get good grades

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Never said you should end your social life but just to stop obsessing over it and actually spend time revising

ReputationRep:
    Grades don't matter depending on the industry you want to get into though.

ReputationRep:
    It reminds me of the video about looking up from your phone.

Its very true and I do think we miss a lot, but.

Convincing people this well good luck.
    My time is split between TSR, Pinterest, dA, Facebook, tumblr. There's nothing on it and yet I always seem to be in a trance on it.

ReputationRep:
    True but this was aimed at people who actually need grades to get to certain places in life

ReputationRep:
    But what if you change your mind about the career you want but don't have the grades?

ReputationRep:
    I don't really blame today's youth.

It's not like it was before where if you worked hard and were rewarded for it.

Teenagers are constantly being told that even if they get straight A's and 1sts, they're just going to end up moving back in with their parents for 2 years after University, unemployed, broke and in thousands of pounds of debt. Hardly a motivation.

I know a load of people who finished Uni about 2 years ago and are still struggling to find any decent work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LadyEcliptic)
    It reminds me of the video about looking up from your phone.

Its very true and I do think we miss a lot, but.

Convincing people this well good luck.
    My time is split between TSR, Pinterest, dA, Facebook, tumblr. There's nothing on it and yet I always seem to be in a trance on it.
    Exactly !! :p:p

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nattm12)
    True but this was aimed at people who actually need grades to get to certain places in life
    Out of interest, have you done your GCSEs yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I love shopping)
    But what if you change your mind about the career you want but don't have the grades?
    Depends on the career. For example if you're along the music path you don't need grades, however doctor/lawyer def

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.