AQA Geography A - Physical Watch

Marcusroye98
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have been getting around 21 and 22 out of 25 on every topic which adds up to around 63/75. Is that enough for an A*?
scrawlx101
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Any tips for me im doing H tier and doing restless earth,rocks + coastal zone....im getting 9/25....struggling to remeber anything i got my exam on the same day as u.....
MissDolly96
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hello!
They're fantastic scores (I'm doing this unit and would love to get them results!)
However, the chief examiner has said 70/90 is generally the average for an A* but don't forget there's a 40 mark essay so you have the potential to get loads more marks on that question!

Posted from TSR Mobile
MissDolly96
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ignore my previous comment haha! I thought you were looking at A2!
No doubt the results you're getting are A* best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
scrawlx101
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MissDolly96)
Hello!
They're fantastic scores (I'm doing this unit and would love to get them results!)
However, the chief examiner has said 70/90 is generally the average for an A* but don't forget there's a 40 mark essay so you have the potential to get loads more marks on that question!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Any tips for me im doing H tier and doing restless earth,rocks + coastal zone....im getting 9/25....struggling to remeber anything i got my exam on tuesday...so scared...
MissDolly96
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hello!
My best advice is to not panic ok, I always find that my past papers I do before exams are appalling and then in the exam and don't do as badly!
But for improvements, try and look where it is you're losing the marks; is it because you're not getting the key points and not getting enough information down, or is it because the way you're writing it doesn't precisely fit the spec?
Once you've sorted this out, it will give you time to work out where your revision is best focused!

I hope it goes really really well for you, last year I thought I'd completely failed the exam, but I came out with a B so that was good haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
GlobalMusic
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by scrawlx101)
Any tips for me im doing H tier and doing restless earth,rocks + coastal zone....im getting 9/25....struggling to remeber anything i got my exam on the same day as u.....
Hi! I've got the same exam as you (except I'm doing Challenge of weather and Climate and Living World along with the Coastal Zone). My main advice for the coastal zone/any component really is to make sure that you know your case studies (including specific evidence). From there in long answer questions you know you can back up your answer up with facts and then elaborate from there......

Good luck!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (125)
17.83%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (72)
10.27%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (121)
17.26%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (101)
14.41%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (68)
9.7%
How can I be the best version of myself? (214)
30.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed