Cramming French Vocab- anybody with me?

Watch
suzywithaZY
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
For some reason, I've left the majority of my revision for french till 2 days before the exam. I've done quite a few past papers in class and at home and have consistently got A*s in them, but I just haven't bothered sitting down and properly learning some vocab. That's today and tomorrow's job, I've decided. Learning 16 pages of vocab in 2 days xD I've already done 6 and tested myself in the last hour and a half, so it's going well so far. Join me fellow crammers! xD
Radical Lemon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by thechemistress)
For some reason, I've left the majority of my revision for french till 2 days before the exam. I've done quite a few past papers in class and at home and have consistently got A*s in them, but I just haven't bothered sitting down and properly learning some vocab. That's today and tomorrow's job, I've decided. Learning 16 pages of vocab in 2 days xD I've already done 6 and tested myself in the last hour and a half, so it's going well so far. Join me fellow crammers! xD
Do you have a concise list of the key vocab such as:
social problems
celebrations/religious celebrations
tourism/holidays
jobs

would really help, thanks
suzywithaZY
Rep:
?
(Original post by Radical Lemon)
Do you have a concise list of the key vocab such as:
social problems
celebrations/religious celebrations
tourism/holidays
jobs

would really help, thanks
No, I don't sorry :/ I only have my textbook which has vocab lists in it What exam board are you on?
lawrencefrape1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Which exam board are you on?
suzywithaZY
Rep:
?
(Original post by lawrencefrape1)
Which exam board are you on?
AQA. You?
voxdock
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
OMG this is exactly me, although I think you only need to sort of know the vocab, not know how to spell it, there's no time to learnt he spellings for everything!
Radical Lemon
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No, I don't sorry :/ I only have my textbook which has vocab lists in it What exam board are you on?
AQA - I really want to score highly on these papers - especially reading. I've got 91% on my CA and so if I get a good reading grade it doesn't really matter about listening - I got a C on my mock listening but an A overall.
suzywithaZY
Rep:
?
(Original post by voxdock)
OMG this is exactly me, although I think you only need to sort of know the vocab, not know how to spell it, there's no time to learnt he spellings for everything!
Yeah, I'm just learning definitions of words xD I find I can work things out when they're in context, but I just want to be sure. Better safe than sorry, right? xD
suzywithaZY
Rep:
?
AQA - I really want to score highly on these papers - especially reading. I've got 91% on my CA and so if I get a good reading grade it doesn't really matter about listening - I got a C on my mock listening but an A overall.
Sounds like a plan. How are you revising?
Our school hasn't told us our CA grades, which is so incredibly infuriating.
EastGuava
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I haven't done any vocab revision...yet.
lawrencefrape1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
aqa. You?
cie igcse.
Radical Lemon
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sounds like a plan. How are you revising?
Our school hasn't told us our CA grades, which is so incredibly infuriating.
Seriously? That's unfair.
+I've done all the recent past papers - we were given a huge booklet with all of the recent years' papers in. My grades have fluctuated hugely between a D-A in listening and in reading I'm hitting high B/A.

The problem I'm finding is doing tests I've already done - I don't feel that always gives me the best indication of my grade.
suzywithaZY
Rep:
?
(Original post by EastGuava)
I haven't done any vocab revision...yet.
Exam on Monday? xD
suzywithaZY
Rep:
?
cie igcse.
Ah, do you have the lit exam on Wednesday? What texts are you doing?
suzywithaZY
Rep:
?
Seriously? That's unfair.
+I've done all the recent past papers - we were given a huge booklet with all of the recent years' papers in. My grades have fluctuated hugely between a D-A in listening and in reading I'm hitting high B/A.

The problem I'm finding is doing tests I've already done - I don't feel that always gives me the best indication of my grade.
Yeah, it's really annoying :/
God, I hate listening :/ But reading is okay xD
Yeah, I know what you mean. I always wonder if my answers are just me remembering what I'd answered previously xD
EastGuava
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Exam on Monday? xD
Yeah :/ French isn't too bad though, I wouldn't mind if it was hard like last year's with low grade boundaries.
lawrencefrape1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ah, do you have the lit exam on Wednesday? What texts are you doing?
If by that you mean English lit, then yes. (I am only doing cie for English and French). I am doing the Tempest, Stories of Ourselves and Hardy poems. You? For me, the stories need the most revision.
suzywithaZY
Rep:
?
(Original post by EastGuava)
Yeah :/ French isn't too bad though, I wouldn't mind if it was hard like last year's with low grade boundaries.
Yeah! xD Last year's listening grade boundaries were 26/40. And getting 28/40 or more meant you got 100UMS! Crazy right? xD
suzywithaZY
Rep:
?
If by that you mean English lit, then yes. (I am only doing cie for English and French). I am doing the Tempest, Stories of Ourselves and Hardy poems. You? For me, the stories need the most revision.
Awesome I'm doing Julius Caesar, Hardy's poems and Silas Marner.
Rubato
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hell yeah for cramming! The lowest I've ever gotten is an A for listening and that was once so I'm hoping that my guessing skills don't let me down now xD
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (108)
60.34%
No (37)
20.67%
Not sure (34)
18.99%

Watched Threads