The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
To me. She looks too big muscularly and too hard. Prefer a more womanly figure. But it's just preference

What? Please post a 'womanly figure' because I don't understand how you can get more womanly.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 101
Original post by Welsh Bluebird
1) Cause a man that's shredded is a man that looks after his health and aesthetics
2) Women know a man in good shape can protect them like a warrior from threats in the club
3) A muscular man is more likely to be alpha and confident in himself and can destroy weaker mortals with ease

:cool:

I forgot we came from apes until I read this post, then I remembered.
Original post by Bassetts
Win. Repped you for this.

Bassetts walks into thread.

Agrees with the post dissing Tyrion.

Bassetts leaves thread.

Bassetts gonna Bassetts You're a hero man :lol:
Original post by TheBBQ
:rofl: Couldn't resist

You **** stirring **** :tongue:
Original post by bertstare
Why wouldn't people lift weights is a far more perplexing question

-Takes at max 1 hour per day, and is great stress relief
-Allows you to eat a ****load of food and not get fat
-Various health benefits
-Gets you physically strong
-Makes you look much better, for both guys (obviously) and even for women (squats = win)

So yeah, why wouldn't you lift?

To be fair, she didn't ask why would someone want to 'lift weights'; she asked why would someone want to be very muscular.
Thx I know I have great taste

What's her name?
Original post by Othelo
I forgot we came from apes until I read this post, then I remembered.

Don't blame me for your B grade genetics. I didn't pass them down to you.
Original post by TheProblematique
What's her name?

For research purposes?
Original post by Red one
Probably for the same reason you're obsessed with 1950s attire.

YEAH-FAM-THATS.jpg
Original post by Othelo
Same answer I gave ChickenFeed.

Don't mistake an example of how not everyone finds gym-bunnies instantly hot with a prejudicial view. I rank intelligence higher than proneness to work out, that doesn't mean that I instantly think people who work our are unintelligent. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

I simply find people who make a living from their body to be much less interesting on the surface than those who make a living with their brain. It says to me 'I rely on my genetic code for money'. That is not something I respect, really.

That isn't to say I wouldn't date someone who works out, nor that all people who work out are unintelligent.

Because intelligence doesn't also have a big genetic component? And who's to say she even has good genetics? Maybe she worked extremely hard to get to where she is

Besides no one in this thread mentioned anything about "making a living from your physique". Safe to say, no one on TSR is a professional fitness model or bodybuilder, so who exactly are you even referring to?

herpity derp
Original post by Red one
Probably for the same reason you're obsessed with 1950s attire.

Nice edit.
Seriously? Please post a 'womanly figure' because I don't understand how you can get more womanly.

http://www.owensarchive.com/images/uploads/Classic%20Hollywood/Annex_-_Taylor,_Elizabeth_18.jpg

This. Smaller, more feminine
What's her name?

courtney prather

Original post by tehforum
For research purposes?

for grip strength
Original post by Othelo
Don't mistake an example of how not everyone finds gym-bunnies instantly hot with a prejudicial view. I rank intelligence higher than proneness to work out, that doesn't mean that I instantly think people who work our are unintelligent. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

I simply find people who make a living from their body to be much less interesting on the surface than those who make a living with their brain. It says to me 'I rely on my genetic code for money'. That is not something I respect, really.

That isn't to say I wouldn't date someone who works out, nor that all people who work out are unintelligent.
Why are people who make money from their intelligence not also relying on their genetic code? You can improve both looks and intelligence to a certain extent, but they are also both ultimately limited by your genetics.

Original post by elpistolero7
Bassetts walks into thread.

Agrees with the post dissing Tyrion.

Bassetts leaves thread.

Bassetts gonna Bassetts You're a hero man :lol:
I couldn't help but agree with that post, because it shows how immensely hypocritical the OP is. :jester:
(edited 9 years ago)
courtney prather

for grip strength

This her from the front?
http://www.bodybuilding.com/contest_media/20472/264292/d/img_32581307999693.jpg
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
For men and women. I keep seeing people posting photos of people they think are hot and they're either massive body builders or very muscular women. Nothing's wrong with personal preference but why is this look so popular here?

I've also never seen this in real life. I know a couple of guys into gym but they're in the minority and they're not jerks about it.
I also notice a lot of "lol do you even lift" and bodybuilding references. Why does the STUDENT room have such a prominent (aggressive) bodybuilding community? :confused:

Fitness is quite a popular forum, think there was a misc board invasion once too and guess a few stuck around for good.

To be fair a look at tubecrush and hot guys of instagram/facebook on tumblr shows it is quite a popular look with girls.
Reply 117
Original post by Welsh Bluebird
Don't blame me for your B grade genetics. I didn't pass them down to you.

My genetics are just fine darlin' but being good-looking doesn't mean I have to be an elitist ******* about it. I'm perfectly confident and fine with who I am but I would never date a woman like you simply because you are superficial and your last post wasn't about dating a man - it was about having a trophy around who can punch out the people you annoy.
Original post by tehforum
For research purposes?

:colondollar::colondollar:
I'm asking why it's so prevalent on here, not why people like it...

TehForum answered it accurately in my opinion. I

Latest