Holiday for a couple? Watch

studentINgaming
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, having trouble deciding where to go on holiday with my boyfriend. He turns 22 near the end of summer (im 20) and i want to suprise him with a holiday abroad but i dont know where to go. Help on locations/hotels/airlines etc.. would be brilliant
Some info:
- Itll be our first holiday together.
- Ive only ever been abroad once in my life and that was a trip to Paris with my school so thats why im so stuck.
- Im paying for us both so i would like to keep it very low (about £300ish each but lower if possible) inc flights (from Scotland or anywhere North West England)
- Would like to go away for at least 3 days but 5 or 7 would be better.
- Heading off sometime in late Sept - early Oct so if it is a beach holiday i would like somewhere that still has a chance to be warm.
- Any type of holiday excluding partying /clubbing like ibiza
- Doesnt have to be all inclusive or any fancy stuff as long as its decent and clean.

I did look at Amsterdam so if anyone has any info on that it would be helpful as i know it is quite cheap.
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You could look at some city breaks - try last minute.com. Or you could hire a villa in somewhere like Portugal - and get cheap flights with easy jet. You will have the weather and nice scenery

Amsterdam is great and quite cheap - look at hotel.com or trip advisor .com for hotels. I am not sure how far your money will go - it is not that much.

You could look at morocco also.
studentINgaming
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by squeakysquirrel)
You could look at some city breaks - try last minute.com. Or you could hire a villa in somewhere like Portugal - and get cheap flights with easy jet. You will have the weather and nice scenery

Amsterdam is great and quite cheap - look at hotel.com or trip advisor .com for hotels. I am not sure how far your money will go - it is not that much.

You could look at morocco also.
Thanks for the suggestions. Ive been on a few sites for hotels and stuff but I dont know which ones to trust or which ones are the closest to the best places to visit. Tripadvisor is a good shout i completely forgot about that
I will have more money to spend whilst over there its just for the initial journey and more can be spent if the holiday has various activities, i dont really want to spend £600 each to sit on a beach for 5days but if it included something like jetskis (just an example) then id be all for it haha .

But thankyou
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
TBH I would look at where ryanair flies or easy jet and then match up the hotels. I use trip advisor all the time - the reviews are great. You could also try Rome. Hoel.com is trustworthy - just look at the reviews. You can always PM me to get a second opinion.

But if I wanted I really good break I would do the city break - you get the entire package - the hotel you can check on Tripadvisor and it is all in.

Berlin is really interesting; marrakesh is cheap and nice.
climbing_trees88
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Dublin? Devon/cornwall? Saint Malo in Northern France is quite nice. Have a look at AirBnB as a potential way to save some money - you can find some nice holiday flats on there.
Zarek
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yep, I would go for city break. You need about 1/3 your time having excellent hotel sex and 2/3 excellent sightseeing. For me Rome in autumn time is wonderful. If you fancy the ease of an English speaking land go for Belfast (truly great), Dublin or even London.
Claireeee_x
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I went to amsterdam in April for 3 days (2 nights) and for flights with easyjet and hotel for 2 people it came to just under £300. We stayed in Best Western blue square hotel. Was really nice hotel and easy access into the main part of dam which was about 20 mins on a tram which we bought a 3 day ticket for €17 (bargin!). Amsterdam is a beautiful place and there is a lot there to do (depends what your into) but is def a good weekend/small break away
Kieran-SAFC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Krakow...excellent city. Lovely architecture, great restaurants and bars. Lots of museums to go to and sites to visit and Auschwitz is only 45 minutes away. Plus, if you wanted to have one night out there's literally hundreds of clubs/bars, but you can easily avoid them if you want as well. Flights tend to be cheap, as are hotels. Food and drinks are a bargain, you can get restaurant meals in the main square for about £8, and its much cheaper off the beaten track. About 60p-£1 for a pint too

Or, do what I'm doing and wait last minute for a beach holiday deal? There'll be loads, and you can get All Inclusive for less than £300 for a week. Some nice, quiet beach resorts in Greece or Turkey are usually on these deals. Take a look on Thomas Cook, First Choice and Thomson to get an idea of how much they'll be. You can go self-catered for a week for about £150-£200 at the minute.
Jack22031994
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My housemate and his girlfriend went to Dubrovnik (Croatia) for their first holiday together and they enjoyed it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maudee4567
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
South of France is nice at that time (wouldn't recommend north, as much as I love Brittany, at that time of year the weather isn't that great) although Spain/Italie could be cheaper economically

If you're really looking for a fun travel try northern Africa, as someone already mentioned Morocco. low cost flights go there, and things on site are way cheaper, (just learn to haggle first.. )also at that time of year it's not too full of tourists, the weather is stilll nice but not unbearably hot and there's just soooo much to do!

Or eastern Eurpe, steer clear of Ukraine area but Serbi, Romania or Croatia are pretty cheap places to go too!
Spongebob'sPants
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
try skysanner.net
De Chirico
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Went to Budapest with my girlfriend for 4 days a few weeks ago. Was under 300 quid for the two of us for flights and accommodation.

Absolutely beautiful city. Loads to do. Amazing food. Good nightlife, especially the "ruin bars". Highly recommend it for a short trip.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (139)
46.33%
Pro-humanity (161)
53.67%

Watched Threads