Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I firmed BSU, and on Monday i've got to choose the accommodation. I was wondering if anyone could help and guide me in the direction of which one they think is best ? I am going to put down the new garden accommodation and waterside court ?

ReputationRep:
    I have the same problem, I'm up at the arts campus but I don't want to go for the art accommodation because i feel like i will miss out! So if anyone could tell me what accommodation they would advise, that would be lovely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ca100)
    Hey, I firmed BSU, and on Monday i've got to choose the accommodation. I was wondering if anyone could help and guide me in the direction of which one they think is best ? I am going to put down the new garden accommodation and waterside court ?
    I think the new gardens are the most modern ones but they're also quite expensive. I chose Waterside Court myself, because it's right in the city centre, only a few mins from Newton Park, and it's one of the cheapest ones too. Plus there's an en-suite in each room.

It's really up to you though. The gardens have an en-suite too, and they're on campus, but they're almost £2k more expensive than waterside per-year. That's a fair chunk of your loan and it means you'll need to work more hours to make up the difference.

ReputationRep:
    I would like to say (as I'm in the same boat) waterside loses its cheap advantage when you add on the £200

£200/45=£4.44
    108.61+4.44=£113.05 per week

which is £0.05 more a week, which I know isn't a lot but it seems a little slimy to do something like that, I know as well that their washing/Drying machines are £4.5 per run anyone know how much they are on campus?

ReputationRep:
    Yea except waterside court's contract isn't 45 weeks, it's 40, and the other accommodations have either longer contracts or higher prices. The garden's cheapest is a 40 week contract at £140 quid a week, almost £30 more per week than Waterside, and the Commons is £113 for 45 weeks.

Waterside Court is still the cheapest by over £500. 1 wash per week for 40 weeks will be £180. The machines are pretty massive so .. it's still a whack cheaper than the commons, and far cheaper than the gardens.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.