Can I get my hair one color? Watch

sarahlouisedxx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So my natural color is a mousey/light blond and I've always dyed it, i lightened it and it was all mostly one shade, then put a brown on I was happy with and tried to stick with only dying my roots(and use the same dye all the time) It started fading though and going a gingery color, and so I used a shade all over and now my hair is black with brown/red roots that are a million shades lighter.

is there something I can do to get it all one color so its natrual looking and keep it this way? I spend so much time, effort and money that I dont have trying to get my hair looking somehwat normal and its just not happening, its so frustrating.
KIRILLKIRILL
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You can bleach your hair. Bleaching will help you to strip away the different colors. Then dye your hair to get back your natural hair color.
Musie Suzie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Don't risk bleaching it. Go and buy the Colour B4 extra strength colour remover - it'll take out all the pigment and reveal whatever the base colour is now, as a result of the peroxide in the dyes - probably a light copper colour. Then dye over that with one shade (get something ash-based if you want to remove red tones, but if you want a warm colour like a red or a honey/golden blonde/brown those should come out nicely).

Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Musie Suzie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just want to reiterate not to bleach it - it will not come out an even colour. Trust me - been there done that, and your hair will be very damaged to boot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (57)
19.32%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (119)
40.34%
Nope, not that interesting (119)
40.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise