How would you feel in this situation?

Watch this thread
Poll: How would you feel in the described situation?
Absolutely fine, wouldn't bother me (7)
17.07%
Slightly worried, but still okay (17)
41.46%
Worried (1)
2.44%
V worried, but would still walk in okay (12)
29.27%
Terrified, would find it difficult to walk in (4)
9.76%
anon422
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
You're late for an exam that is in a hall full of people, everybody is already sat down and you have to walk in late.
insomniacz
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
Thrilled
Red one
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I'm concerned that you're more worried about what people will think of you than worrying about the exam.
anon422
Rep:
made a poll for it
LadyEcliptic
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Awful.

It has happened before, all eyes are staring at you and your at the front of the hall and you didn't think he exam had started. And you're just like,..

what the frick frack are you all staring at? Whilst quickly running up the hall hiding your head in shame.
itssimplyme
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
In addition to the options in your poll, I'd feel quite embarrassed especially if everyone turns to look at you and you're sat right at the front :/

But I get embarrassed so easily, so maybe that's just me
MidnightDream
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Worried but I'll be fine, I'm never tardy anyhoo :u:
Shefflibs
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
This happened to me at GCSE, I lived about 10 mins from the school and left my house 45 mins early. However the exam started an hour earlier than I thought oops. Had to go to main reception and have the deputy head walk me in to the exam hall, didn't get any extra time but thankfully was able to sit the exam. Didn't really bother what anyone thought as at the time I was just scolding myself in my mind for being such a tit :P
anon422
Rep:
(Original post by itssimplyme)
In addition to the options in your poll, I'd feel quite embarrassed especially if everyone turns to look at you and you're sat right at the front :/

But I get embarrassed so easily, so maybe that's just me
yeah i get you, i would absolutely hate it, it sounds like one of the worst situations to me, like imagine everybody staring at you and watching as you go to your seat... i cant even.....
Miel Purple
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Don't care?
anon422
Rep:
(Original post by LadyEcliptic)
Awful.

It has happened before, all eyes are staring at you and your at the front of the hall and you didn't think he exam had started. And you're just like,..

what the frick frack are you all staring at? Whilst quickly running up the hall hiding your head in shame.
damn, i wouldnt be able to deal with everyone staring at me as i made my way to my seat :/ better not be late to an exam haha
LadyEcliptic
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by anon422)
damn, i wouldnt be able to deal with everyone staring at me as i made my way to my seat :/ better not be late to an exam haha

It's not that bad people are going to be more concerned about what's on the paper.
anon422
Rep:
(Original post by Red one)
I'm concerned that you're more worried about what people will think of you than worrying about the exam.
ti

this has been edited haha.... well yeah, at that moment it would worry me a lot, until i was sit down and yeah
Rosasaurr
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
happened to me with one of my GCSEs.

walked in about a minute after it had started... just dumped my stuff, sat down at my desk and did the exam. Didn't bother me at all but tbh I was so focused on needing to get to my seat that I didn't take any notice of anyone else.
anon422
Rep:
It's not that bad people are going to be more concerned about what's on the paper.
but if the paper hasnt actually started yet... they're gonna look up at you
LadyEcliptic
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
but if the paper hasnt actually started yet... they're gonna look up at you
They'll look for a second or will be talking to their friends - honestly, don't worry, it didnt help as I had pretty bad anxiety..

And the examiners will be handing out the papers at this point as well, many people walk in at this time.

seriously, don't fret, and being on time will make you feel at ease as well
anon422
Rep:
They'll look for a second or will be talking to their friends - honestly, don't worry, it didnt help as I had pretty bad anxiety..

And the examiners will be handing out the papers at this point as well, many people walk in at this time.

seriously, don't fret, and being on time will make you feel at ease as well

you're not allowed to talk and the papers would already be out haha...
well imagine that everyone's sat down and they're just waiting for you to turn up...
yeah, i've never been late before, but what if my bus is late or something...
LadyEcliptic
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
you're not allowed to talk and the papers would already be out haha...
well imagine that everyone's sat down and they're just waiting for you to turn up...
yeah, i've never been late before, but what if my bus is late or something...
Well that means other are going to be late too.

You're stressing yourself out over nothing, don't worrying about it
anon422
Rep:
Well that means other are going to be late too.

You're stressing yourself out over nothing, don't worrying about it
there are no other year 12s on my bus usually hahaha...
im not stressing about it, im just thinking about how worried i think i'd be in that situation... ah well, hopefully it'll never happen
LadyEcliptic
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
there are no other year 12s on my bus usually hahaha...
im not stressing about it, im just thinking about how worried i think i'd be in that situation... ah well, hopefully it'll never happen
If you keep think it it will happen you'll just bog yourself down with unnecessary stress, really, don't worry! Your exam should be your main worry, not everybody else's interest in who's walked in
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (90)
28.94%
It went fairly well (146)
46.95%
It didn't go too well (49)
15.76%
TERRIBLE! (26)
8.36%

Watched Threads