Help please Watch

Emad1993
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
hello people, I have a question regarding voluntary jobs at hospitals before you apply for medical schools, if I work in a hospital for a certain period of time then how can i prove this to the uni which I'm going to apply ? Will I have to get a written letter from the hospital which I worked for saying that this chap (Me) has done voluntary job ?
em.d_4
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Emad1993)
hello people, I have a question regarding voluntary jobs at hospitals before you apply for medical schools, if I work in a hospital for a certain period of time then how can i prove this to the uni which I'm going to apply ? Will I have to get a written letter from the hospital which I worked for saying that this chap (Me) has done voluntary job ?
None of my unis asked for proof but occasionally some ask for a contact detail of the supervisor while you worked there. I really wouldnt worry about it at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Emad1993
Rep:
?
(Original post by em.d_4)
None of my unis asked for proof but occasionally some ask for a contact detail of the supervisor while you worked there. I really wouldnt worry about it at all
where did you do you voluntary job? I am still looking for a place that can give me the opportunity to do jobs as volunteer so i can get some experience and the skills
Posted from TSR Mobile
where did you do you voluntary job? I am still looking for a place that can give me the opportunity to do jobs as volunteer so i can get some experience and the skills
em.d_4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I volunteer teaching disabled kids to swim and in an old people's care home. I also did work experience in a London hospital

Posted from TSR Mobile
Emad1993
Rep:
?
I volunteer teaching disabled kids to swim and in an old people's care home. I also did work experience in a London hospital

Posted from TSR Mobile
i see, and what kind of tasks did you carry out during your stay in the London's hospital?
em.d_4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i see, and what kind of tasks did you carry out during your stay in the London's hospital?
It's not what you do it's what you learn really. But I observed lots of pathology processes, from delivery to examination. On the wards I observed things like kidney biopsies and general patient interaction. In pathology I was allowed a lot more hands on stuff, sorting, registering samples feeling them while they're been cut up etc. Really.interesting to see the less patient contact side of medicine especially when comparing it to the ward in a short time frame.
Multidiscuplinary team meetings etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Emad1993
Rep:
?
It's not what you do it's what you learn really. But I observed lots of pathology processes, from delivery to examination. On the wards I observed things like kidney biopsies and general patient interaction. In pathology I was allowed a lot more hands on stuff, sorting, registering samples feeling them while they're been cut up etc. Really.interesting to see the less patient contact side of medicine especially when comparing it to the ward in a short time frame.
Multidiscuplinary team meetings etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
interesting, so after doing ll these stuff, if you ask them to give an evidence so it can show that you have worked in hospital then would they do that for you so you can put it in your personal statement when applying for a uni?
em.d_4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
interesting, so after doing ll these stuff, if you ask them to give an evidence so it can show that you have worked in hospital then would they do that for you so you can put it in your personal statement when applying for a uni?
Well when writing a personal statement you wouldn't list these things, you'd just say what you learnt from shadowing the doctors really so you'd only have to get them to confirm you were there. The uni sorts it you only have to provide a contact number if asked

Posted from TSR Mobile
Emad1993
Rep:
?
Well when writing a personal statement you wouldn't list these things, you'd just say what you learnt from shadowing the doctors really so you'd only have to get them to confirm you were there. The uni sorts it you only have to provide a contact number if asked

Posted from TSR Mobile
thanks a lot mate, your answers were helpful, appreciate that
em.d_4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
thanks a lot mate, your answers were helpful, appreciate that
No problem

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Design: Ceramics, Furniture or Jewellery Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 25 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?