Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
clicked on some random wasteman girl
308 likes in 2 days

two questions

a) why do girls attention whore on FB so badly
b) why do people like so much ****? is being one of 300 likers going to gain you sexual favours from this random attention whore?
Gondur
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
'random wasteman girl' - that's a terrible thing to say about someone. Had she been attractive then would you have said the same thing?

You disgust me.
White Dress
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gondur)
'random wasteman girl' - that's a terrible thing to say about someone. Had she been attractive then would you have said the same thing?

You disgust me.
Oh she's very attractive, still a random wasteman though. I don't know her therefore random and wasteman means loser/something similar.
Green Velvet
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I love how you've casually side stepped the fact that plenty of men do the same thing. It's not an inherent trait limited to just females.

Also "wasteman"- what are you, 12?
Gondur
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by White Dress)
Oh she's very attractive, still a random wasteman though. I don't know her therefore random and wasteman means loser/something similar.
If you don't know her then how can you assume she is a loser? By the contents of her Facebook which you kind of point of to be 'attention whoring' and trivial anyway. I bet she's different should you meet her in the flesh.

Now you disgust me even more.
The pencil one
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Lol girls get it a lot on fb, who cares anyways lol
Danny the Geezer
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The OP actually has a point.
White Dress
Rep:
?
(Original post by Green Velvet)
I love how you've casually side stepped the fact that plenty of men do the same thing. It's not an inherent trait limited to just females.

Also "wasteman"- what are you, 12?
In general, girls do it much more and worse than guys. You see stuff like 'Really slow and boring day so I took a #selfie' on my fb all the time. This is of course anecdotal evidence but it's not in my interests to get better than that.

I'm not even having a go at girls, my second point was about the guys that bother liking it.
White Dress
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gondur)
If you don't know her then how can you assume she is a loser? By the contents of her Facebook which you kind of point of to be 'attention whoring' and trivial anyway. I bet she's different should you meet her in the flesh.

Now you disgust me even more.
I can deduce that she's a loser given the nature and caption of her photo and previous photos. The attention whoring isn't trivial - it's the essence of why she is a wasteman/loser.

would you like some kleenex
Green Velvet
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
In general, girls do it much more and worse than guys. You see stuff like 'Really slow and boring day so I took a #selfie' on my fb all the time. This is of course anecdotal evidence but it's not in my interests to get better than that.

I'm not even having a go at girls, my second point was about the guys that bother liking it.
You didn't specify men especially in your second point and I wasn't going to assume.

This whole thread has probably been posted a bazillion times so why bother creating another one, if it bothers you so much don't use facebook or remove such people from your friends list.

What were you hoping to achieve tonight, other than complete replication of infinite TSR threads on this topic?
hdaindak
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
ah stereotypes!! im a girl and i've never taken a selfie in my life
Danny the Geezer
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by hdaindak)
ah stereotypes!! im a girl and i've never taken a selfie in my life
Is that coz you're butterz?
futbol
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Year 8's get like 200 likes on every profile picture it's ridiculous...
White Dress
Rep:
?
(Original post by Green Velvet)
You didn't specify men especially in your second point and I wasn't going to assume.

This whole thread has probably been posted a bazillion times so why bother creating another one, if it bothers you so much don't use facebook or remove such people from your friends list.

What were you hoping to achieve tonight, other than complete replication of infinite TSR threads on this topic?
No harm in assuming things, that's the whole fun of it. Anyway, given that estimates of the number of gay people in a population are around 2-10% it's fair to say that if I implied the people liking the photos wanted sexual favours, I was implying that they would largely be males.

Oh I was just bored and felt like attention-whoring a bit myself.
hdaindak
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
nah i just think selfies are ****ing stupid and narcissistic
Stickman
Badges: 19
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Danny the Geezer)
Is that coz you're butterz?
Burn baby burn
White Dress
Rep:
?
(Original post by futbol)
was thinking of starting a new thread about this... why is it the case that the younger you are the more likes you get? I notice a surge at university in freshers year but aside from that, it's a case of the younger you are, the more likes you get. Really odd. Young teens are being taught to conform so easily ffs
Danny the Geezer
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by futbol)
Which begs the question "why do you have Year 8s on your Facebook" :rolleyes:
Green Velvet
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No harm in assuming things, that's the whole fun of it. Anyway, given that estimates of the number of gay people in a population are around 2-10% it's fair to say that if I implied the people liking the photos wanted sexual favours, I was implying that they would largely be males.

Oh I was just bored and felt like attention-whoring a bit myself.
Ahh but you know what they say: "when you assume, you make and ass out of u and me"

You do realise that women also like other women's images. In fact I'd hazard a guess that most everyday women get more likes from their female friends than their male counterparts. A lot of men are shy to outwardly "like" a woman's profile.

Obviously this is a huge assumption based on my opinions and seeing as I last used Facebook 3 years ago, my assumptions could be based on invalid and out-of-date information/opinions.
Green Velvet
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
was thinking of starting a new thread about this... why is it the case that the younger you are the more likes you get? I notice a surge at university in freshers year but aside from that, it's a case of the younger you are, the more likes you get. Really odd. Young teens are being taught to conform so easily ffs
Possibly because younger people feel the need to conform and fit in, whereas the older you get the less you care about trivial stuff like selfies. Not only that but the younger generation's lives depend more and more on electronics.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (470)
66.67%
No (235)
33.33%

Watched Threads