Turn on thread page Beta

Best way to revise for AS/A2 exams in a short period of time watch

ReputationRep:
    So what is the best way in which I can revise for my forthcoming AS and A2 exams in a short period of time? I know past papers are the key but is there anything else which people find really useful? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    CRAM- just try every quick method of revision possible. Look at a page and get a family member/ friend to test you and repeat; note taking is not going to help much now though

ReputationRep:
    Choose three of the hardest topics, make notes on them and answer questions on them. Then do two past papers for the subject. Do this for every subject, every day. You should be choosing new topics every day and make sure to make quick, concise notes. Don't have to be neat as the purpose is not to look over them again but just because it is better than simply reading the textbook.

ReputationRep:
    Sleep with your textbook/revision guide under your pillow the night before the exam. The information will diffuse into your brain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymousgirll)
    So what is the best way in which I can revise for my forthcoming AS and A2 exams in a short period of time? I know past papers are the key but is there anything else which people find really useful? Thanks
    "Exams - Preparation and Revising", could help you. It is a free download from www.keweipress.com

You might find "Ten Top Tips for Revising for Exams" useful too. It is a chapter in the eBook You Too Can Study More Easily: Tips for Dummies and Others which is also free from the same site.

Good luck!

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.