Wednesday 14th May exam: English Language AQA A level Watch

HillyH1995
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mattylong28)
I talked about Child language acquisition (I'm resitting so I know this)
Would I get marks for that?
i was specifically told by my teacher to avoid bringing in any A2 topics as they won't be credited at AS...
Mattylong28
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by HillyH1995)
i was specifically told by my teacher to avoid bringing in any A2 topics as they won't be credited at AS...
Ah dash it all, dash it all
ad0205
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I know this is a little late but...

Did anybody else group on synthetically personalised texts? There were 3 texts which, in my opinion, we synthetically personalised. These were; the novel cover, the marriage one and the bin one. They used 'you' or 'your' and I discussed how it was likely that the texts had been produced for a mass audience but were made to seem direct and specific to the person reading.

Also, I am very annoyed about that comic. I omitted it completely from all of my groups. I have been told that it was represented speech, but I am adament that it is not as, to me, they were thought bubbles and not speech bubbles, therefore it cannot be represented speech. I actually did a group on features of spoken language and used the joke one as an example of represented speech, although I'm very angry with the comic one.

Thoughts?
MoHoosen9167
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Right so I missed out two texts and my teacher said I should still be able to gain full (or not impair my marks) as my groupings were very specificity worded. For instance, my first grouping was the sports commentary and the blurb because both required a shared knowledge between the text producer (or speaker) in order to ensure that their audience felt appropriated to their texts. My second grouping was the blurb and the lorry card because they both used deistic expression in order to personalise their audiences, thus fulfilling their purposes of primarily informing. And my final grouping was the Halo text and the comic because of their use of exclamatory phrases in order to convey a tone of worriment or urgency to their audiences.

Posted from TSR Mobile
LeeRoss96
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I know it's a bit late, but for my groups I did spoken features, formal register and persuasive features. I did the two transcripts and the jokes - being that they are written to be spoken. For formal register I did the bin post card and the marriage thing and for persuasive I did the comic book bag and the other text, which I don't remember.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (13)
5.58%
No (220)
94.42%

Watched Threads