jxde
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
why do people say RS is only a half gcse? when infact it's not? in year 11 you do RS as a short course, on a CV applying for a job you're not going to right you have half a GCSE in RS are you? you would just right for example; RS: B
bencs25
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Most people only do a half course in Religious Studies.
jxde
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by bencs25)
Most people only do a half course in Religious Studies.
isn't half a course just known as a short course though?
Firure
Badges: 11
Report 6 years ago
In all honesty, I don't think it matters. R.E. and I.C.T. (particularly the short course versions) are considered a joke, in the grand scheme of GCSE options.
MidnightDream
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's a short course hence why it's half, some people don't count short courses, when I was applying for sixth forms both of mine were discounted
bencs25
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jxde)
isn't half a course just known as a short course though?
I thought that was where you did Religious Studies but you didn't get a GCSE in it (not even a half)?
TheStudent18
  • Study Helper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jxde)
why do people say RS is only a half gcse? when infact it's not? in year 11 you do RS as a short course, on a CV applying for a job you're not going to right you have half a GCSE in RS are you? you would just right for example; RS: B
As others have said, a 'half GCSE' is a short course. There is the option to take the full course in RS (if your school offers it).
MancStudent098
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jxde)
You should write RS: B (Short course). Of course that depends on the level of detail you cover GCSEs in on your CV. They don't appear on mine (neither do my A-levels) so it wouldn't really matter.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (17)
22.67%
Unhappy (21)
28%
Conflicted (37)
49.33%

Watched Threads