The Student Room Group

It's GCSE time! Tomorrow!

Well, it's come... tomorrow is my first GCSE and I have to say I'm actually not that nervous which is surprising and I'm shocked! Some people had their first GCSE last week but that was only one so they have had time to prepare for these ones this week!
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE! I hope you all get the grades you want and need and I hope it helps you in the future for whatever career, job and further education you wish to do!
Wish you all the best- don't stress, relax and hopefully you've revised! :smile:
Reply 1
Thank u! But I am literally freaking out!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
So I'm in year 10, anything you would do differently if you were back in my position?
Original post by joe4234
So I'm in year 10, anything you would do differently if you were back in my position?

Keep your notes up to date. Seriously, that's the biggest thing- you don't want to spend the whole Easter holidays in year eleven making revision notes, you just want to be able to pick up the nice notes you've already made and revise from them.

Though I suppose if writing things out is the best way for you to learn them, maybe you do want to do your revision notes then... but yeah XD
Original post by joe4234

I would:
-review what I've learnt at school at home straight after and do this from the start of Y11.
-revise for mocks properly, as if they were the official exams.
-even if I didn't do both of the above, I would start revising shortly after mocks.
-even if I didn't do the above I'd start revising in the easter holidays (without having endless breaks in between! ><)
-leave some time so I could do loads of past papers, especially in my weaker subjects, e.g. English, where I would do lots more practice.

Essentially, I would revise a little over a long period of time because that's probably the best way to go about it. If I only I had been asking this question in y10...
Reply 5
Original post by ssalmaa
Thank u! But I am literally freaking out!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww I' m sure you'll be fine,how many exams do you have?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by joe4234

I seriously would not have procrastinated as much while revising :') and also I would have turned my phone off as it was a HUGE distraction and slowed down my revising a lot

Posted from TSR Mobile
I seriously haven't put enough revision into this, and I wish I could go back and have started a lot sooner. Probably the easter holidays at the very latest. I am expected decent outcomes however I doubt I will get everything I want. I have tried my hardest to learn Spanish but I just can't do it and now I know I will get like a D in Spanish so definitely try to revise a lot sooner it will take away some of the stress.
Original post by CaitlinN15
Well, it's come... tomorrow is my first GCSE and I have to say I'm actually not that nervous which is surprising and I'm shocked! Some people had their first GCSE last week but that was only one so they have had time to prepare for these ones this week!
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE! I hope you all get the grades you want and need and I hope it helps you in the future for whatever career, job and further education you wish to do!
Wish you all the best- don't stress, relax and hopefully you've revised! :smile:

Thank you and same to you. :smile:

Feels funny that GCSEs are now officially here and that secondary school is almost over - in fact it's already over for many.
How did everyone's first exams go?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anybody doing AQA Biology 2 and 3 tomorrow? :colondollar:
Original post by revisioner
Anybody doing AQA Biology 2 and 3 tomorrow? :colondollar:

Yes! I am I'm not confident nor ready for them ahah

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest